Re: [the boredoms] Omoide Hatoba-Vuoy___ruinzhatova

  • otoboto74
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
      so i'm listening to this ruinzhatova right now! track two of eleven.
      if you were put off by the first RH release, this one might treat
      you better. the recording is much better, the music is more prog-
      focused, so far. it's everything i was hoping for and certainly the
      most omoide-hatoba sounding stuff yamamoto has done since the
      release of vuoy (too long ago). vuoy is the beginning of
      the "mature"compositions for him, which would become rashinban and
      rovo stuff, and was obviously hoping to reach a broader market in
      japan. atsushi tsuyama's work with amt post-vuoy implies his desire
      to remain in the messed up/psychedelic world of music (thank you!).
      i really like lucky mountain hey!!!!!!! but i also quite like akaten
      (atsushi tsuyama's duo with tatsuya yoshida of ruins). probably
      vibing off of akaten, sun kich made a record really fast (scum
      prog!) and so the results are certainly less like the controlled
      chaos of omoide hatoba, but dig that lose and wild sound! at any
      rate, i haven't written off this ruinzhatova! in fact, it's bringing
      back the great joy of hearing a new yamamoto release, and i haven't
      felt this excited since the vuoy or sun kich releases years ago now.
      let's hope the inspiration to work with atsushi tsuyama is back!
      bring on an new omoide hatoba record soon please!
    • Arthur Gadney
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
        >let's hope the inspiration to work with atsushi tsuyama is back!
        >bring on an new omoide hatoba record soon please!

        As far as I know, it was released in Japan at the end of October....... At
        least that's what acidmothers.com said.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
          WHAAAAAAAA???A NEW Omoide Hatoba album already?NOT the Ruinshatova?

          I checked that link,and I also looked at HMV Japan,I saw the album
          cover and record label but couldn't get a name for the cd.

          New Omoide?Awesome!So who's going to be the first to order it???
          What's the best company to order from(assuming this won't get
          domestic release)?
        • otoboto74
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2004
            I aslo want to mention that this Ruinzhatova cd has a version of
            Delayed Sky (track 2 on Vuoy), called "DSFC". Plus the covers by
            kraftwerk, yes, and weirdo combo cover of james brown in one ear and
            king crimson in the other ear! hahaha. if you like ruins prog type
            stuff and omoide-hatoba, this is the stuff. i also enjoy the older
            cd, viva young florida, which most people i've played it for say is
            the most difficult listen they've heard. so i guess my tastes favour
            this prog wackiness. perhaps not for all though.