J.O.Y. sunplus

  • otoboto74
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2004
      there's a new twelve inch on DFA records featuring yoshimi called,

      artist: J.O.Y.
      album: sunplus

      here's a review from forced exposure's website:

      "The Japanese band J.O.Y. consists of the creative forces of K.U.D.O
      (Major Force West, Skylab, UNKLE) and Kan Takagi (Major Force, solo
      artist). Both went on to make major contributions as remixers,
      recording artists and collaborators with everyone from David Holmes
      to the Psychonauts to De La Soul, as well as helped found Ape Sounds
      Records, an offshoot of Nigo's iconic clothing label A Bathing Ape.
      For the first J.O.Y. single, 'Sunplus', KUDO and Kan enlisted the
      help of another Japanese music legend, Yoshimi P-We of the
      Boredoms/OOIOO. The results were one of the most off-beat, drum
      heavy pop singles DFA had heard in a while. Tim Goldsworthy, on half
      of the DFA as well as a founding member of UNKLE and Mo Wax Records
      (and collaborator with Major Force West) jumped at the chance to be
      reunited with his old mates, once he heard the track, so Tim, and
      DFA partner James Murphy remixed the track into something even more
      sideways than the original, replaying drums and guitar and creating
      a strange dream-band, where Bjork fronts the Slits in No-Wave
      Heaven."
    • gygax
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 11, 2004
        You can listen to this (as well as the equally great
        Pixeltan) at:

        http://www.dfarecords.com/radio/radio.html