remixing boredoms

  • otoboto74
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2004
      hi, I had started this boredoms remix for fun two years ago and
      decided yesturday to wrap it up. I'm not trying to put myself on
      their musical level or call myself a hot dj. inspired by the rebore
      cds from that time, I simply wanted to make a cut of my favorite
      bore tracks. so to anyone interested in this (a recent post showed
      someinterest) you'll have to get it from my soulseek files. username
      is: czech_puppet
      it's in a boredoms folder and the track is called;
      art martians rebore 2004

      obviously it is not my intention to devalue the original recordings
      in any way. this what you might call a hobby, but i hope someone
      will find this fun to hear, not unlike the amazing original
      recordings...
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2004
        thanx for sharing the interest; are there other recordings of your
        own you could point us toward, as well?--- In
        theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, otoboto74 <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > hi, I had started this boredoms remix for fun two years ago and
        > decided yesturday to wrap it up. I'm not trying to put myself on
        > their musical level or call myself a hot dj. inspired by the rebore
        > cds from that time, I simply wanted to make a cut of my favorite
        > bore tracks. so to anyone interested in this (a recent post showed
        > someinterest) you'll have to get it from my soulseek files.
        username
        > is: czech_puppet
        > it's in a boredoms folder and the track is called;
        > art martians rebore 2004
        >
        > obviously it is not my intention to devalue the original recordings
        > in any way. this what you might call a hobby, but i hope someone
        > will find this fun to hear, not unlike the amazing original
        > recordings...
      • otoboto74
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 11, 2004
          Hi, thanks for asking about the music i make. I've been doing this
          art martian stuff for ten years. i don't put a lot emphasis on
          releasing this stuff and i've never played live under this name.
          there are many recordings, i could put a couple in the same
          czech_puppet space on soulseek. i am also in aduo band thing called
          dumbodian (www.dumbodian.com)*. we covered a boredoms track from
          super roots 5 actually. our newest (3rd) record is still in the
          being mastered stage, but should be ready soon. the first two i
          could post on soulseek as well. the beauty of soulseek is that the
          independents can thrive this way, money doesn't have to matter, if
          your aim is about the joy of making things and not $uce$$. not that
          i'm against small labels or trying to make money (generally filtered
          right back into the music) from releases. i just can't afford it and
          have little self-promotion type skills.

          do you make music or whatever as well? are you on soulseek?

          *site needs some updating, sorry
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 12, 2004
            i've just been affiliated with the trading network in general for a
            number of years, less so recently, as i'm in the midst of moving and
            finding other employment. things are disordered here as a result, but
            i still have lots of analog live shows, etc. just wrote an article
            for a friend's band (see smokin' 45s in links), have written about
            music for goldmine magazine, as well as for various film/tv/pop-
            culture publications. i also directed a video for the group ebeling
            hughes ("apple tree") which appeared in shorter form as a bonus on
            their zero hour cd, transfigured night. have enjoyed the boredoms
            since around 1993, have a few uncirculated live shows of the group
            somewhere in my collection, love to play chocolate synthesizer loudly
            in my car with the windows rolled down...anyway, stay with your need
            to control the path of your work (and apparently, joy).the creation
            of art is such a powerful energy that it's unfortunate so few take
            the time do so. keep it up.--- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com,