maybe a crazy idea....

  • Tommy DOG
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2004
      Since there are so many people with unreleased Boredoms stuff a KDX or Hotline server might be cool.
      Maybe we can then have Bore-Remix trades. I've always wanted to do a remix but haven't had fresh material.

      My $.2

      TD
    • James Osborne
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2004
        Self remixes are bad ideas unless you have access to all the different seperate layers of the track.

        Tommy DOG <mrsvomit@...> wrote:
        Since there are so many people with unreleased Boredoms stuff a KDX or Hotline server might be cool.
        Maybe we can then have Bore-Remix trades. I've always wanted to do a remix but haven't had fresh material.

        My $.2

        TD

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2004
          yes, it's kind of a lesser version of a bootleg, as it's not the
          original recorded version, though for hobbyist pursuits it might be
          instructional. i remember having "fake" beatles bootlegs that someone
          did for an album but did not reveal were artificial. they just didn't
          work. a person might choose to mix in their own stuff over other
          tracks for personal enjoyment, but most seem to prefer "pure"
          recordings. some argue against boots of any kind because the band
          never authorized the material to be released (and would have, if they
          thought it was worthy), and there's often a question of whether
          studio outtakes, etc. are actually stolen material. witha a group
          with such a limited array of material available, though, it's
          understandable why some would want more boredoms material, but
          diluting the material or changing it in a way the artists never
          intended can unfortunately place more emphasis on the remixer than is
          warranted. i think of a friend of mine who still buys bootleg cds
          because he is obsessed, a music memorabilia fetishist, when boots
          have no intrinsic collectible value at all.--- In
          theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, James Osborne <chuuzetsu@y...> wrote:
          > Self remixes are bad ideas unless you have access to all the
          different seperate layers of the track.

          > Tommy DOG <mrsvomit@t...> wrote:
          > Since there are so many people with unreleased Boredoms stuff a KDX
          or Hotline server might be cool.
          > Maybe we can then have Bore-Remix trades. I've always wanted to do
          a remix but haven't had fresh material.

          > My $.2
          >
          > TD
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Service.

        • Tommy DOG
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 8, 2004
            Okay, I admit my main point and interest was creating a server
            for trading on KDX or Hotline since they are duel platform
            friendly.

            BUT in defense of my other comment, remixers have done a
            whole lot with stereo recordings. Though, one usually is
            suppiled with a breakdown of tracks these days.

            --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Tommy DOG"