Re: New album??

  • wingsoftoast
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 27 12:43 PM
      i disagreee - seadrum is very vooredoms indeed!! if anything it
      sounds like a better version of the live set-up. all those chopped-up
      rhythms, kodo meets funky drummer house meets dub meets gamelan + a
      torrent of piano runs with the pedal full down, cymbals crashing
      through umpteen effects pedals like the world's about to end and it's
      worth it actually. at the same time it harks back to the never-ending
      crescendo effect of something like super roots 5, which to me is
      boredoms at their finest. i put the cd on loud on my headphones and
      within 30 seconds i was grinning like an idiot.
      admittedly, track two is weak by comparison - a sort of swamp of
      tanbura with very low mixed guitar - novel if you don't own any ravi
      shankar cd's - having said that, i suspect its supposed to be
      regarded as kind of 'still' music in counterpoint to seadrum's
      torrent of unending motion. this is vertiginously physical music,
      something that has been part of the boredoms ethos from year dot....
      challenging and heartwarming stuff...

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, exfedex2000 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > No lineup anywhere! Unless the Japanese text on the back of the
      obi
      > strip is the lineup. Other than that the jewel case is VERY blue!
      > Not even a transparent window! All solid blue plastic back and
      front
      > with no booklet. The disc itself is all gree with a gold circle
      > through it and looks a LOT like the disc in the VCN EP with the
      > Uoredoms track.
      >
      > Doesn't sound like Vooredoms one bit. I'm telling you, it's like a
      > VCN afterthought or pre-thought. Kinda like VCN was the
      culmination
      > of all they were focused on at the time and this was either part of
      > the VCN vision they just didn't use or something they jammed out
      > after VCN was done. Nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.
      If