[the boredoms] Re: new album

  • dwatson.geo
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 23, 2004
      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Jon! Williams!
      <jonathan.williams@g...> wrote:
      > Oh yea, I forgot to mention Kiyoshi is credited on Vision Creation
      > Newsun, Super Go!!!!, Super Ae and Super Roots 6-8. So Uoredoms was
      > essentially the later era Boredoms lineup, but with a transitional
      set
      > of instruments.
      >
      > On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:33:51 -0400, Jon! Williams!
      > <jonathan.williams@g...> wrote:
      > > UOREDOMS: EYE - 8nch open reel, reel tape scratch, mixer, eq's,
      > > sampler / YOSHIMI - drums, per / ATR - drums, per / EDA - drums,
      per /
      > > YAMAMOTOR - per, bongos / HILAH - per, djanbe / IZUMI KIYOSHI -
      syn,
      > > sampler ..(no guitar, no bass)

      Here's what I said about VooRDOMS on Guitar Barrio:

      V‡RDOMS: The current incarnation/mutation of Boredoms. It debuted
      (as far as I can see) at the Fuji Rock Festival 2001 in Naeba, Japan
      2001 6 27 (ROVO and RASHINBAN also played), under the name
      V‡re!!!!!!!doms, with the line-up: EYE--Vocals, open reel, etc.;
      SEIICHI YAMAMOTO--percussion; YOSHIMI P-WE--Drums, percussion,
      vocals, etc.; IZUMI--Electronics; ATR--Drums, percussion; YAMAKITA--
      Conga, percussion; YOUJIRO--Drums; DIE5--Drums; AKIMI--Drums. The
      name is now V‡redoms (although they have been touring the west as
      Boredoms to prevent confusion) and the line-up has slimmed down to
      EYE, YOSHIMI, ATR, and YOUJIRO. According to the cover feature of the
      September 2002 issue of The Wire, the "V" in the new name is supposed
      to represent a turntable stylus, and the infinity symbol, two
      records, and he views the band as the motor of a turntable. They have
      done some field-style recording on a beach, which will be released at
      some point due to the expense involved.

      [end quote]