Re: [the boredoms] how do I see the boredoms/V∞RDOMS in Japan?

  • aeelms@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 31, 2004
      >(or live
      >shows by any of the memebers' side projects)?

      Here is one way:
      http://www.japanimprov.com/syamamoto/index.html
    • Doctor Funkenfurter
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 31, 2004
        Thanks for the link!

        --- aeelms@... wrote:

        > >(or live
        > >shows by any of the memebers' side projects)?
        >
        > Here is one way:
        > http://www.japanimprov.com/syamamoto/index.html

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • domsbore
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 31, 2004
          vooredoms:sunday august 8th ebisu liquidroom-tokyo

          cant wait
        • Doctor Funkenfurter
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 31, 2004
            Thanks! According the web-site for the liquidroom,
            the show is already sold-out, but do you know if they
            still take some people at the door on the day of the
            show? If so, I'll certainly be there. Again thanx.

            --- domsbore <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            > vooredoms:sunday august 8th ebisu liquidroom-tokyo
            >
            > cant wait

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • Quintus Frimschlowder VIII
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 31, 2004
              Does anyone know about Boredoms and/or Boredoms-extended-family shows in the
              San Francisco area? I understand I recently missed Rovo (raw deal!).

              While I'm at it, how come I can't seem to find any, like, comprehensive
              Boredoms web sites out there? I'm sure there are a bunch in Japanese, but
              don't they have somewhat of a strong English-speaking following also? I
              mean, they did play Lollapalooza main stage a while back.

              It'd be nice to find a huge chunk of information on them somewhere. If one
              simply doesn't exist in English, would anyone be interested in compiling one
              maybe? I'd be happy to take on 100% of the monkey web design work. Just a
              thought.

              -Brendan
            • domsbore
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 1, 2004
                this is the best place i know to find out these things.

                OOIOO are playing bottom of the hill some time early november
                the info is on their website.
              • domsbore
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 1, 2004
                  no idea
                  sorry
                  ive never even been to japan before
                  im going there tomorrow

                  good luck!
                • gygax
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 2, 2004
                    > FRI 11/5 SAN FRANCISCO, CA Bottom of the Hill

                    Also, Eye has been DJ-ing all over Japan in the last
                    month.

                    <scatterbrain@...> wrote:
                    > Does anyone know about Boredoms and/or
                    > Boredoms-extended-family shows in the
                    > San Francisco area? I understand I recently missed
                    > Rovo (raw deal!).
                    >
                    > While I'm at it, how come I can't seem to find any,
                    > like, comprehensive
                    > Boredoms web sites out there? I'm sure there are a
                    > bunch in Japanese, but
                    > don't they have somewhat of a strong
                    > English-speaking following also? I
                    > mean, they did play Lollapalooza main stage a while
                    > back.
                    >
                    > It'd be nice to find a huge chunk of information on
                    > them somewhere. If one
                    > simply doesn't exist in English, would anyone be
                    > interested in compiling one
                    > maybe? I'd be happy to take on 100% of the monkey
                    > web design work. Just a
                    > thought.
                    >

                    > -Brendan

                  • robertheinlein66
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 9, 2004
                      yes they were on the mainstage of lolipollaza, they played first and
                      switched off with green day