Re: new album

  • djanjankyo
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 26, 2004
      it says on the japanese site that it is a voordoms album. the english
      is wrong. the boredoms officially died in 1998. voordoms is
      technically only a live name. whether it will be used on cd is a
      different question. even with the ep released several years ago. the
      live track was referenced as the uordoms but the cd was boredoms.

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "wingsoftoast"
      <wingsoftoast@y...> wrote:
      > this link has some in commentary in japanese -
      > http://mediamax.sumiya.co.jp/review.asp?cd=WPCL10119 - obviously
      > don't have a clue if it says anything about the cd's content but
      > perhaps group members who speak japanese might know????
      >
      > i too hope its not another remix projecty thingummyjig
      >
      > peter
      >

      > -- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Claude Zachary"
      > <claudezachary@m...> wrote:
      > > This is not the VooREDOMS album, something old. Guess that's why
      is
      > > says boredoms. Maybe unrealeased album from VCNS period!!!!???
    • Jon! Williams!
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 26, 2004
        UOREDOMS: EYE - 8nch open reel, reel tape scratch, mixer, eq's,
        sampler / YOSHIMI - drums, per / ATR - drums, per / EDA - drums, per /
        YAMAMOTOR - per, bongos / HILAH - per, djanbe / IZUMI KIYOSHI - syn,
        sampler ..(no guitar, no bass)

        <wingsoftoast@y...> wrote:
        > this link has some in commentary in japanese -
        > http://mediamax.sumiya.co.jp/review.asp?cd=WPCL10119 - obviously
        > don't have a clue if it says anything about the cd's content but
        > perhaps group members who speak japanese might know????
        >
        > i too hope its not another remix projecty thingummyjig
        >
        > peter
        >

        > -- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Claude Zachary"
        > <claudezachary@m...> wrote:
        > > This is not the VooREDOMS album, something old. Guess that's why
        is
        > > says boredoms. Maybe unrealeased album from VCNS period!!!!???

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Jon! Williams!
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 26, 2004
          Oh yea, I forgot to mention Kiyoshi is credited on Vision Creation
          Newsun, Super Go!!!!, Super Ae and Super Roots 6-8. So Uoredoms was
          essentially the later era Boredoms lineup, but with a transitional set
          of instruments.

          On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:33:51 -0400, Jon! Williams!
          <jonathan.williams@...> wrote:
          > UOREDOMS: EYE - 8nch open reel, reel tape scratch, mixer, eq's,
          > sampler / YOSHIMI - drums, per / ATR - drums, per / EDA - drums, per /
          > YAMAMOTOR - per, bongos / HILAH - per, djanbe / IZUMI KIYOSHI - syn,
          > sampler ..(no guitar, no bass)

        • gygax
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 26, 2004
            the soundpersons for the v00redoms live set were given
            official credits (or at least when i saw them in los
            angeles in 2002).

            wrote:
            > Oh yea, I forgot to mention Kiyoshi is credited on
            > Vision Creation
            > Newsun, Super Go!!!!, Super Ae and Super Roots 6-8.
            > So Uoredoms was
            > essentially the later era Boredoms lineup, but with
            > a transitional set
            > of instruments.
            >
            > On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:33:51 -0400, Jon! Williams!
            > <jonathan.williams@...> wrote:
            > > UOREDOMS: EYE - 8nch open reel, reel tape scratch,
            > mixer, eq's,
            > > sampler / YOSHIMI - drums, per / ATR - drums, per
            > / EDA - drums, per /
            > > YAMAMOTOR - per, bongos / HILAH - per, djanbe /
            > IZUMI KIYOSHI - syn,
            > > sampler ..(no guitar, no bass)

          • exfedex2000
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 26, 2004
              What Japanese site says this? I'd love to check it out myself.

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 26, 2004
                might it be earlier material, then? a month or 2 ago, birdman had no
                releases set (and said so) and i received no response from an inquiry
                to the group mgmt email address.--- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com,
                exfedex2000 <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                > What Japanese site says this? I'd love to check it out myself.
                >
                > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, djanjankyo <no_reply@y...>
                wrote:
                > > it says on the japanese site that it is a voordoms album. the
                > english
                > > is wrong. the boredoms officially died in 1998. voordoms is
                > > technically only a live name. whether it will be used on cd is a
                > > different question. even with the ep released several years ago.
                > the
                > > live track was referenced as the uordoms but the cd was boredoms.
                > >

                > > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "wingsoftoast"
                > > <wingsoftoast@y...> wrote:
                > > > this link has some in commentary in japanese -
                > > > http://mediamax.sumiya.co.jp/review.asp?cd=WPCL10119 -
                obviously
                > > > don't have a clue if it says anything about the cd's content
                but
                > > > perhaps group members who speak japanese might know????
                > > >
                > > > i too hope its not another remix projecty thingummyjig
                > > >
                > > > peter
                > > >

                > > > -- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Claude Zachary"
                > why
                > > is
                period!!!!???
              • kev booyaka
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 27, 2004
                  i read in a Wire interview with Eye/Yoshimi, that they were gonna release under-water recordings. hopefully, the time has come.

                  djanjankyo <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:it says on the japanese site that it is a voordoms album. the english

                  <wingsoftoast@y...> wrote:
                  > this link has some in commentary in japanese -
                  > http://mediamax.sumiya.co.jp/review.asp?cd=WPCL10119 - obviously
                  > don't have a clue if it says anything about the cd's content but
                  > perhaps group members who speak japanese might know????
                  >
                  > i too hope its not another remix projecty thingummyjig
                  >
                  > peter
                  >

                  > -- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Claude Zachary"
                  > <claudezachary@m...> wrote:
                  > > This is not the VooREDOMS album, something old. Guess that's why
                  is
                  > > says boredoms. Maybe unrealeased album from VCNS period!!!!???

                  Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                • Claude Zachary
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 29, 2004
                    I know for a fact its not the VooREDOMS album that was recorded, its
                    something old.

                    http://groups.msn.com/PsychedelicMusicFromTheAxisPowers

                    >From: kev booyaka <ahairyscreaming@...>
                    >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [the boredoms] Re: new album
                    >Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 06:28:50 -0700 (PDT)

                  • trigger_goldberg
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 29, 2004
                      Listen, man-- all you give us is one to two sentence tabloid-esque statements
                      about things. "I heard from a reliable source that Yamamoto is back in the
                      band!" No followup, and no extra information. "I know for a fact"-- how do you
                      know for a fact? At this point I'd go with the fact someone read over the fact
                      you know.

                      All I'm saying is, in order to make valuable contributions to these discussions,
                      and not string fans along-- if you really have inside information-- you need to
                      give more information, or not make so many comments.

                      claudezachary@m...> wrote:
                      > I know for a fact its not the VooREDOMS album that was recorded, its
                      > something old.
                      >

                      > http://groups.msn.com/PsychedelicMusicFromTheAxisPowers
                      >

                      > >From: kev booyaka <ahairyscreaming@y...>
                      > >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
                      > >Subject: Re: [the boredoms] Re: new album
                      > >Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 06:28:50 -0700 (PDT)

                    • Arthur Gadney
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 30, 2004
                        >I know for a fact its not the VooREDOMS album that was recorded, its
                        >something old.

                        How do you know?

                      • wingsoftoast
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 30, 2004
                          i'd second that!! - it seems strange that one of the websites selling
                          the new album basically lists the line-up of vooredoms...

                          also there have been uk reissues of early boredoms stuff ( onanie
                          bomb and pop tatari ) this year and these are listed separately on
                          hmv in japan.

                          i suppose i could just email hmv in japan and ask them - they're
                          usually quite helpful

                          peter

                          ps. anyone see the noise primer in this months wire? no mention of
                          hanatarash - scandalous!

                          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Arthur Gadney" <a_gadney@h...>
                          wrote:

                          > >I know for a fact its not the VooREDOMS album that was recorded,
                          its
                          > >something old.
                          >
                          > How do you know?

                        • dwatson.geo
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 23, 2004
                            --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Jon! Williams!
                            <jonathan.williams@g...> wrote:
                            > Oh yea, I forgot to mention Kiyoshi is credited on Vision Creation
                            > Newsun, Super Go!!!!, Super Ae and Super Roots 6-8. So Uoredoms was
                            > essentially the later era Boredoms lineup, but with a transitional
                            set
                            > of instruments.
                            >
                            > On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:33:51 -0400, Jon! Williams!
                            > <jonathan.williams@g...> wrote:
                            > > UOREDOMS: EYE - 8nch open reel, reel tape scratch, mixer, eq's,
                            > > sampler / YOSHIMI - drums, per / ATR - drums, per / EDA - drums,
                            per /
                            > > YAMAMOTOR - per, bongos / HILAH - per, djanbe / IZUMI KIYOSHI -
                            syn,
                            > > sampler ..(no guitar, no bass)

                            Here's what I said about VooRDOMS on Guitar Barrio:

                            V‡RDOMS: The current incarnation/mutation of Boredoms. It debuted
                            (as far as I can see) at the Fuji Rock Festival 2001 in Naeba, Japan
                            2001 6 27 (ROVO and RASHINBAN also played), under the name
                            V‡re!!!!!!!doms, with the line-up: EYE--Vocals, open reel, etc.;
                            SEIICHI YAMAMOTO--percussion; YOSHIMI P-WE--Drums, percussion,
                            vocals, etc.; IZUMI--Electronics; ATR--Drums, percussion; YAMAKITA--
                            Conga, percussion; YOUJIRO--Drums; DIE5--Drums; AKIMI--Drums. The
                            name is now V‡redoms (although they have been touring the west as
                            Boredoms to prevent confusion) and the line-up has slimmed down to
                            EYE, YOSHIMI, ATR, and YOUJIRO. According to the cover feature of the
                            September 2002 issue of The Wire, the "V" in the new name is supposed
                            to represent a turntable stylus, and the infinity symbol, two
                            records, and he views the band as the motor of a turntable. They have
                            done some field-style recording on a beach, which will be released at
                            some point due to the expense involved.

                            [end quote]