new album

  • Claude Zachary
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 21 8:04 PM
      This is not the VooREDOMS album, something old. Guess that's why is
      says boredoms. Maybe unrealeased album from VCNS period!!!!???
    • wingsoftoast
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 24 4:58 AM
        this link has some in commentary in japanese -
        http://mediamax.sumiya.co.jp/review.asp?cd=WPCL10119 - obviously
        don't have a clue if it says anything about the cd's content but
        perhaps group members who speak japanese might know????

        i too hope its not another remix projecty thingummyjig

        peter

        -- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Claude Zachary"
        <claudezachary@m...> wrote:
        > This is not the VooREDOMS album, something old. Guess that's why is
        > says boredoms. Maybe unrealeased album from VCNS period!!!!???
      • djanjankyo
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 26 6:22 AM
          it says on the japanese site that it is a voordoms album. the english
          is wrong. the boredoms officially died in 1998. voordoms is
          technically only a live name. whether it will be used on cd is a
          different question. even with the ep released several years ago. the
          live track was referenced as the uordoms but the cd was boredoms.

          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "wingsoftoast"
          <wingsoftoast@y...> wrote:
          > this link has some in commentary in japanese -
          > http://mediamax.sumiya.co.jp/review.asp?cd=WPCL10119 - obviously
          > don't have a clue if it says anything about the cd's content but
          > perhaps group members who speak japanese might know????
          >
          > i too hope its not another remix projecty thingummyjig
          >
          > peter
          >

          > -- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Claude Zachary"
          > <claudezachary@m...> wrote:
          > > This is not the VooREDOMS album, something old. Guess that's why
          is
          > > says boredoms. Maybe unrealeased album from VCNS period!!!!???
        • Jon! Williams!
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 26 6:33 AM
            UOREDOMS: EYE - 8nch open reel, reel tape scratch, mixer, eq's,
            sampler / YOSHIMI - drums, per / ATR - drums, per / EDA - drums, per /
            YAMAMOTOR - per, bongos / HILAH - per, djanbe / IZUMI KIYOSHI - syn,
            sampler ..(no guitar, no bass)

            <wingsoftoast@y...> wrote:
            > this link has some in commentary in japanese -
            > http://mediamax.sumiya.co.jp/review.asp?cd=WPCL10119 - obviously
            > don't have a clue if it says anything about the cd's content but
            > perhaps group members who speak japanese might know????
            >
            > i too hope its not another remix projecty thingummyjig
            >
            > peter
            >

            > -- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Claude Zachary"
            > <claudezachary@m...> wrote:
            > > This is not the VooREDOMS album, something old. Guess that's why
            is
            > > says boredoms. Maybe unrealeased album from VCNS period!!!!???

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Jon! Williams!
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 26 6:42 AM
              Oh yea, I forgot to mention Kiyoshi is credited on Vision Creation
              Newsun, Super Go!!!!, Super Ae and Super Roots 6-8. So Uoredoms was
              essentially the later era Boredoms lineup, but with a transitional set
              of instruments.

              On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:33:51 -0400, Jon! Williams!
              <jonathan.williams@...> wrote:
              > UOREDOMS: EYE - 8nch open reel, reel tape scratch, mixer, eq's,
              > sampler / YOSHIMI - drums, per / ATR - drums, per / EDA - drums, per /
              > YAMAMOTOR - per, bongos / HILAH - per, djanbe / IZUMI KIYOSHI - syn,
              > sampler ..(no guitar, no bass)

            • gygax
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 26 7:54 AM
                the soundpersons for the v00redoms live set were given
                official credits (or at least when i saw them in los
                angeles in 2002).

                wrote:
                > Oh yea, I forgot to mention Kiyoshi is credited on
                > Vision Creation
                > Newsun, Super Go!!!!, Super Ae and Super Roots 6-8.
                > So Uoredoms was
                > essentially the later era Boredoms lineup, but with
                > a transitional set
                > of instruments.
                >
                > On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:33:51 -0400, Jon! Williams!
                > <jonathan.williams@...> wrote:
                > > UOREDOMS: EYE - 8nch open reel, reel tape scratch,
                > mixer, eq's,
                > > sampler / YOSHIMI - drums, per / ATR - drums, per
                > / EDA - drums, per /
                > > YAMAMOTOR - per, bongos / HILAH - per, djanbe /
                > IZUMI KIYOSHI - syn,
                > > sampler ..(no guitar, no bass)

              • exfedex2000
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 26 9:53 AM
                  What Japanese site says this? I'd love to check it out myself.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 26 11:34 AM
                    might it be earlier material, then? a month or 2 ago, birdman had no
                    releases set (and said so) and i received no response from an inquiry
                    to the group mgmt email address.--- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com,
                    exfedex2000 <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                    > What Japanese site says this? I'd love to check it out myself.
                    >
                    > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, djanjankyo <no_reply@y...>
                    wrote:
                    > > it says on the japanese site that it is a voordoms album. the
                    > english
                    > > is wrong. the boredoms officially died in 1998. voordoms is
                    > > technically only a live name. whether it will be used on cd is a
                    > > different question. even with the ep released several years ago.
                    > the
                    > > live track was referenced as the uordoms but the cd was boredoms.
                    > >

                    > > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "wingsoftoast"
                    > > <wingsoftoast@y...> wrote:
                    > > > this link has some in commentary in japanese -
                    > > > http://mediamax.sumiya.co.jp/review.asp?cd=WPCL10119 -
                    obviously
                    > > > don't have a clue if it says anything about the cd's content
                    but
                    > > > perhaps group members who speak japanese might know????
                    > > >
                    > > > i too hope its not another remix projecty thingummyjig
                    > > >
                    > > > peter
                    > > >

                    > > > -- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Claude Zachary"
                    > why
                    > > is
                    period!!!!???
                  • kev booyaka
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 27 6:28 AM
                      i read in a Wire interview with Eye/Yoshimi, that they were gonna release under-water recordings. hopefully, the time has come.

                      djanjankyo <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:it says on the japanese site that it is a voordoms album. the english

                      <wingsoftoast@y...> wrote:
                      > this link has some in commentary in japanese -
                      > http://mediamax.sumiya.co.jp/review.asp?cd=WPCL10119 - obviously
                      > don't have a clue if it says anything about the cd's content but
                      > perhaps group members who speak japanese might know????
                      >
                      > i too hope its not another remix projecty thingummyjig
                      >
                      > peter
                      >

                      > -- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Claude Zachary"
                      > <claudezachary@m...> wrote:
                      > > This is not the VooREDOMS album, something old. Guess that's why
                      is
                      > > says boredoms. Maybe unrealeased album from VCNS period!!!!???

                      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    • Claude Zachary
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 29 8:34 AM
                        I know for a fact its not the VooREDOMS album that was recorded, its
                        something old.

                        http://groups.msn.com/PsychedelicMusicFromTheAxisPowers

                        >From: kev booyaka <ahairyscreaming@...>
                        >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: Re: [the boredoms] Re: new album
                        >Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 06:28:50 -0700 (PDT)

                      • trigger_goldberg
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 29 11:18 AM
                          Listen, man-- all you give us is one to two sentence tabloid-esque statements
                          about things. "I heard from a reliable source that Yamamoto is back in the
                          band!" No followup, and no extra information. "I know for a fact"-- how do you
                          know for a fact? At this point I'd go with the fact someone read over the fact
                          you know.

                          All I'm saying is, in order to make valuable contributions to these discussions,
                          and not string fans along-- if you really have inside information-- you need to
                          give more information, or not make so many comments.

                          claudezachary@m...> wrote:
                          > I know for a fact its not the VooREDOMS album that was recorded, its
                          > something old.
                          >

                          > http://groups.msn.com/PsychedelicMusicFromTheAxisPowers
                          >

                          > >From: kev booyaka <ahairyscreaming@y...>
                          > >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
                          > >Subject: Re: [the boredoms] Re: new album
                          > >Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 06:28:50 -0700 (PDT)

                        • Arthur Gadney
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 30 2:39 AM
                            >I know for a fact its not the VooREDOMS album that was recorded, its
                            >something old.

                            How do you know?

                          • wingsoftoast
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 30 3:31 AM
                              i'd second that!! - it seems strange that one of the websites selling
                              the new album basically lists the line-up of vooredoms...

                              also there have been uk reissues of early boredoms stuff ( onanie
                              bomb and pop tatari ) this year and these are listed separately on
                              hmv in japan.

                              i suppose i could just email hmv in japan and ask them - they're
                              usually quite helpful

                              peter

                              ps. anyone see the noise primer in this months wire? no mention of
                              hanatarash - scandalous!

                              --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Arthur Gadney" <a_gadney@h...>
                              wrote:

                              > >I know for a fact its not the VooREDOMS album that was recorded,
                              its
                              > >something old.
                              >
                              > How do you know?

                            • dwatson.geo
                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 23, 2004
                                --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Jon! Williams!
                                <jonathan.williams@g...> wrote:
                                > Oh yea, I forgot to mention Kiyoshi is credited on Vision Creation
                                > Newsun, Super Go!!!!, Super Ae and Super Roots 6-8. So Uoredoms was
                                > essentially the later era Boredoms lineup, but with a transitional
                                set
                                > of instruments.
                                >
                                > On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:33:51 -0400, Jon! Williams!
                                > <jonathan.williams@g...> wrote:
                                > > UOREDOMS: EYE - 8nch open reel, reel tape scratch, mixer, eq's,
                                > > sampler / YOSHIMI - drums, per / ATR - drums, per / EDA - drums,
                                per /
                                > > YAMAMOTOR - per, bongos / HILAH - per, djanbe / IZUMI KIYOSHI -
                                syn,
                                > > sampler ..(no guitar, no bass)

                                Here's what I said about VooRDOMS on Guitar Barrio:

                                V‡RDOMS: The current incarnation/mutation of Boredoms. It debuted
                                (as far as I can see) at the Fuji Rock Festival 2001 in Naeba, Japan
                                2001 6 27 (ROVO and RASHINBAN also played), under the name
                                V‡re!!!!!!!doms, with the line-up: EYE--Vocals, open reel, etc.;
                                SEIICHI YAMAMOTO--percussion; YOSHIMI P-WE--Drums, percussion,
                                vocals, etc.; IZUMI--Electronics; ATR--Drums, percussion; YAMAKITA--
                                Conga, percussion; YOUJIRO--Drums; DIE5--Drums; AKIMI--Drums. The
                                name is now V‡redoms (although they have been touring the west as
                                Boredoms to prevent confusion) and the line-up has slimmed down to
                                EYE, YOSHIMI, ATR, and YOUJIRO. According to the cover feature of the
                                September 2002 issue of The Wire, the "V" in the new name is supposed
                                to represent a turntable stylus, and the infinity symbol, two
                                records, and he views the band as the motor of a turntable. They have
                                done some field-style recording on a beach, which will be released at
                                some point due to the expense involved.

                                [end quote]