Re: [the boredoms] Yamamoto

  • gygax
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 19 8:03 PM
      i don't know about that; however, he has planned
      omoide hatoba (@ fuji rock) and rashinban shows across
      the next few months.

      perhaps he is happier playing this style rather than
      the 1-2 chords per song he was playing towards the end
      of the last boredoms tour before the breakup?

      --- Claude Zachary <claudezachary@...> wrote:
      > I heard from a very reliable source that Yamamoto is
      > back in the
      > band!!!!!

    • Arthur Gadney
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 22 2:57 AM
        >I heard from a very reliable source that Yamamoto is back in the
        >band!!!!!

        Don't be a tease: Who told you?

        I think the same rumor was going around like two years ago, that Hila and
        Yamamoto was rehearsing with the others again.

        Hope it's true this time! Makes sense if they release the Vooredoms stuff
        and get that out of the system...........

      • Arthur Gadney
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
          What has Yamamoto been doing since he left Boredoms? I haven't paid to much
          attention to him apart from MOST and the Tzadik albums, but these two look
          interesting. Anybody managed to give them a listen?

          Para: "X-Game" P-Vine, 2006.
          Rashinban: "Musubi", Lighthouse, 2005.

          Is there any good online store in Japan where you can listen to excerpts
          from CDs, like you can amazon.com and so on?

          trip!
          http://www.imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/yahoo/default.aspx?locale=en-us&hmtagline
        • James Osborne
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
            He's the guitarist in the band ROVO. The just released a new album,
            CONDOR, amazing stuff. www.rovo.jp

            --
            James Osborne
            james_social@...

            Japanese Music Information -> www.circlewithadot.net
            Nuclear Boy, A Worthless Blog -> www.nuclear-boy.com
            Last.FM Music Blog -> www.last.fm/user/chuuzetsu
          • Arthur Gadney
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 4, 2006
              Oh of course. How is the new album? I like "Flage" but was not so impressed
              with "Mon". It became to much fusion.