Re: eYe's Voore gear

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30, 2004
      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "trip_fontayne"
      <trip_fontayne@h...> wrote:

      > ps: i'd love to fly to japan and ask him, i really should have
      asked
      > him when i passed him in the hallway of the Arches with his baby,
      > but i couldnt really muster up anything that i would be happy
      saying
      > to him
      > ---

      Wow,you saw Eye at McDonalds and you didn't even say hi?I wasn't
      aware he had a child,did he marry along time ago?The Bore-quirer
      needs to know.

      I guess I wouldn't know what to say either,I've had Tatsuya Yoshida
      and Yamamoto walk past me at clubs,but all I could say
      was"...hey.....".Next time I will ask Yoshimi to marry me.Or either
      of the Melt Banana ladies.
    • Tommy DOG
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2004
        a couple of things,

        1. Just for the sake of clarity, I assume these must be different "arches" since i do remember reading thta Eye was pretty
        serious about what kind of food he ate and McDonalds wouldn't fit the bill.

        2. I suspect Eye does change around gear and 12" records fairly often since the band doesn't perform much but he does DJ
        quite a bit.

        3. I was able to talk to Eye and give him and the roadie a bunch of one of my band's albums after they played the South
        Street Sea Port in NYC a few years back, which was a lot easier then getting one to Fred Frith who opened the show with
        Zorn & Laswell. My method turned into my signaling him that I was going to toss him one, then throwing too high and yelling
        "Fred DUCK!!!!" I don't know if he liked it but I do have the gratification of a dumb and funny story.

        TD

        PS at the same show a drunk women tossed her drink at Eye and splashed all over his table of gear and he looked pretty
        pissed off.

        --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "trip_fontayne"
        > <trip_fontayne@h...> wrote:
        > >
        > > ps: i'd love to fly to japan and ask him, i really should have
        > asked
        > > him when i passed him in the hallway of the Arches with his baby,
        > > but i couldnt really muster up anything that i would be happy
        > saying
        > > to him
        > > ---
        >
        > Wow,you saw Eye at McDonalds and you didn't even say hi?I wasn't
        > aware he had a child,did he marry along time ago?The Bore-quirer
        > needs to know.
        >
        > I guess I wouldn't know what to say either,I've had Tatsuya Yoshida
        > and Yamamoto walk past me at clubs,but all I could say
        > was"...hey.....".Next time I will ask Yoshimi to marry me.Or either
        > of the Melt Banana ladies.
      • gygax
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 14, 2004
          super seeeeee!!!!!! dvd reissue
          6 years later, boredoms dvd gets reissued:

          http://wmg.jp/gc2004/domestic.html#boredoms

          a couple of japanese sites are showing a "boredoms"
          release scheduled for 9/23/04 with not a lot more
          information.