Re: eYe's Voore gear

  • Tommy DOG
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 22, 2004
      I forgot to add taht he's using a "digital turntable" (ie a CD player with some sort of shuttle control)

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Tommy DOG" <mrsvomit@t...> wrote:
      > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "trip_fontayne" <trip_fontayne@h...> wrote:
      > > does any one have eYes gear set up that he uses for the Vooredoms ??
      >
      > I think Eye has varied his set up over the years.
      > I've seen him with a table full of stompboxes and what looked like a Boss Dr.Sample.
      > In recent years he's used an 8 track reel to reel machine, turntables and other stuff.
      >
      > I'm kind of curious about what he was using at his solo show.
      >
      > TD
    • trip_fontayne
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 28, 2004
        how could you possibly know that ?!

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 29, 2004
          <trip_fontayne@h...> wrote:
          > how could you possibly know that ?!

          For crimeny man!You ask what Eye's setup might be,I give my thoughts
          and you tell me I'm wrong,then someone else offers something and you
          question how they could POSSIBLY know..

          You're a strange duck.

          Fly to Japan and ask the man himself.
        • trip_fontayne
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 30, 2004
            well, i have a lot of photos, and nothing you said was there, but at
            the same time i wasnt sure. plus, in among the things this other
            man said were things i knew he had, so i was more likely to believe
            him anyway. and his explination actually answers a few questions
            about his sound, so thats why i believed him. and i asked how could
            he possibly know because his answers we so accurate (like what 12"
            he had playing)

            ps: i'd love to fly to japan and ask him, i really should have asked
            him when i passed him in the hallway of the Arches with his baby,
            but i couldnt really muster up anything that i would be happy saying
            to him

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 30, 2004
              <trip_fontayne@h...> wrote:

              > ps: i'd love to fly to japan and ask him, i really should have
              asked
              > him when i passed him in the hallway of the Arches with his baby,
              > but i couldnt really muster up anything that i would be happy
              saying
              > to him
              > ---

              Wow,you saw Eye at McDonalds and you didn't even say hi?I wasn't
              aware he had a child,did he marry along time ago?The Bore-quirer
              needs to know.

              I guess I wouldn't know what to say either,I've had Tatsuya Yoshida
              and Yamamoto walk past me at clubs,but all I could say
              was"...hey.....".Next time I will ask Yoshimi to marry me.Or either
              of the Melt Banana ladies.
            • Tommy DOG
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 1, 2004
                a couple of things,

                1. Just for the sake of clarity, I assume these must be different "arches" since i do remember reading thta Eye was pretty
                serious about what kind of food he ate and McDonalds wouldn't fit the bill.

                2. I suspect Eye does change around gear and 12" records fairly often since the band doesn't perform much but he does DJ
                quite a bit.

                3. I was able to talk to Eye and give him and the roadie a bunch of one of my band's albums after they played the South
                Street Sea Port in NYC a few years back, which was a lot easier then getting one to Fred Frith who opened the show with
                Zorn & Laswell. My method turned into my signaling him that I was going to toss him one, then throwing too high and yelling
                "Fred DUCK!!!!" I don't know if he liked it but I do have the gratification of a dumb and funny story.

                TD

                PS at the same show a drunk women tossed her drink at Eye and splashed all over his table of gear and he looked pretty
                pissed off.

                --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "trip_fontayne"
                > <trip_fontayne@h...> wrote:
                > >
                > > ps: i'd love to fly to japan and ask him, i really should have
                > asked
                > > him when i passed him in the hallway of the Arches with his baby,
                > > but i couldnt really muster up anything that i would be happy
                > saying
                > > to him
                > > ---
                >
                > Wow,you saw Eye at McDonalds and you didn't even say hi?I wasn't
                > aware he had a child,did he marry along time ago?The Bore-quirer
                > needs to know.
                >
                > I guess I wouldn't know what to say either,I've had Tatsuya Yoshida
                > and Yamamoto walk past me at clubs,but all I could say
                > was"...hey.....".Next time I will ask Yoshimi to marry me.Or either
                > of the Melt Banana ladies.
              • gygax
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 14, 2004
                  super seeeeee!!!!!! dvd reissue
                  6 years later, boredoms dvd gets reissued:

                  http://wmg.jp/gc2004/domestic.html#boredoms

                  a couple of japanese sites are showing a "boredoms"
                  release scheduled for 9/23/04 with not a lot more
                  information.