eYe's Voore gear

  • trip_fontayne
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 18, 2004
      does any one have eYes gear set up that he uses for the Vooredoms ??
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 20, 2004
        A mere guess on my part,based on the pics I've seen,would be open
        reel deck,turntables?,and some type of groovebox/synth.
      • trip_fontayne
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 21, 2004
          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@y...>
          wrote:
          > A mere guess on my part,based on the pics I've seen,would be open
          > reel deck,turntables?,and some type of groovebox/synth.
          no turntable no reel to reel.
          what pictures did you see?!!? lol
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 21, 2004
            --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "trip_fontayne"
            <trip_fontayne@h...> wrote:
            > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@y...>
            > wrote:
            > > A mere guess on my part,based on the pics I've seen,would be open
            > > reel deck,turntables?,and some type of groovebox/synth.
            > no turntable no reel to reel.
            > what pictures did you see?!!? lol

            From their appearance at Fuji Rock 2001,Eye is definitely using a
            reel to reel,and there is a turntable also.I've seen a small keyboard
            that Yoshimi uses for short interludes.As for Eye,since he's not a
            keyboard player,I assume he uses some type of table synth/groove
            box,with perhaps samples as well.I imagine he also has some manner of
            fx that he can apply to the output as well.

            Is that any better or am I still wrong?
          • rrbbddxx
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 22, 2004
              YES!
              1 turntable (vestax) with super varia pitch (with a la monte young
              12" on it:)
              2 cd player (pitch control)
              1 korg (microkorg) vocoder
              1 boss super phaser (the old green one)
              1 vestax dj mixing table (or pionner)
              1 kind of homemade ring modulator

              and yoshimi use the littel casio va-10 +drums

              > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "trip_fontayne"
              > <trip_fontayne@h...> wrote:
              > > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, surrealeye_2001
              <no_reply@y...>
              > > wrote:
              > > > A mere guess on my part,based on the pics I've
              seen,would be open
              > > > reel deck,turntables?,and some type of groovebox/synth.
              > > no turntable no reel to reel.
              > > what pictures did you see?!!? lol
              >
              > From their appearance at Fuji Rock 2001,Eye is definitely
              using a
              > reel to reel,and there is a turntable also.I've seen a small
              keyboard
              > that Yoshimi uses for short interludes.As for Eye,since he's not
              > keyboard player,I assume he uses some type of table
              synth/groove
              > box,with perhaps samples as well.I imagine he also has
              some manner of
              > fx that he can apply to the output as well.
              >
              > Is that any better or am I still wrong?
            • Tommy DOG
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 22, 2004
                --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "trip_fontayne" <trip_fontayne@h...> wrote:
                > does any one have eYes gear set up that he uses for the Vooredoms ??

                I think Eye has varied his set up over the years.
                I've seen him with a table full of stompboxes and what looked like a Boss Dr.Sample.
                In recent years he's used an 8 track reel to reel machine, turntables and other stuff.

                I'm kind of curious about what he was using at his solo show.

                TD
              • Tommy DOG
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 22, 2004
                  I forgot to add taht he's using a "digital turntable" (ie a CD player with some sort of shuttle control)

                  --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Tommy DOG" <mrsvomit@t...> wrote:
                  > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "trip_fontayne" <trip_fontayne@h...> wrote:
                  > > does any one have eYes gear set up that he uses for the Vooredoms ??
                  >
                  > I think Eye has varied his set up over the years.
                  > I've seen him with a table full of stompboxes and what looked like a Boss Dr.Sample.
                  > In recent years he's used an 8 track reel to reel machine, turntables and other stuff.
                  >
                  > I'm kind of curious about what he was using at his solo show.
                  >
                  > TD
                • trip_fontayne
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 28, 2004
                    how could you possibly know that ?!

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 29, 2004
                      <trip_fontayne@h...> wrote:
                      > how could you possibly know that ?!

                      For crimeny man!You ask what Eye's setup might be,I give my thoughts
                      and you tell me I'm wrong,then someone else offers something and you
                      question how they could POSSIBLY know..

                      You're a strange duck.

                      Fly to Japan and ask the man himself.
                    • trip_fontayne
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 30, 2004
                        well, i have a lot of photos, and nothing you said was there, but at
                        the same time i wasnt sure. plus, in among the things this other
                        man said were things i knew he had, so i was more likely to believe
                        him anyway. and his explination actually answers a few questions
                        about his sound, so thats why i believed him. and i asked how could
                        he possibly know because his answers we so accurate (like what 12"
                        he had playing)

                        ps: i'd love to fly to japan and ask him, i really should have asked
                        him when i passed him in the hallway of the Arches with his baby,
                        but i couldnt really muster up anything that i would be happy saying
                        to him

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 30, 2004
                          <trip_fontayne@h...> wrote:

                          > ps: i'd love to fly to japan and ask him, i really should have
                          asked
                          > him when i passed him in the hallway of the Arches with his baby,
                          > but i couldnt really muster up anything that i would be happy
                          saying
                          > to him
                          > ---

                          Wow,you saw Eye at McDonalds and you didn't even say hi?I wasn't
                          aware he had a child,did he marry along time ago?The Bore-quirer
                          needs to know.

                          I guess I wouldn't know what to say either,I've had Tatsuya Yoshida
                          and Yamamoto walk past me at clubs,but all I could say
                          was"...hey.....".Next time I will ask Yoshimi to marry me.Or either
                          of the Melt Banana ladies.
                        • Tommy DOG
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 1, 2004
                            a couple of things,

                            1. Just for the sake of clarity, I assume these must be different "arches" since i do remember reading thta Eye was pretty
                            serious about what kind of food he ate and McDonalds wouldn't fit the bill.

                            2. I suspect Eye does change around gear and 12" records fairly often since the band doesn't perform much but he does DJ
                            quite a bit.

                            3. I was able to talk to Eye and give him and the roadie a bunch of one of my band's albums after they played the South
                            Street Sea Port in NYC a few years back, which was a lot easier then getting one to Fred Frith who opened the show with
                            Zorn & Laswell. My method turned into my signaling him that I was going to toss him one, then throwing too high and yelling
                            "Fred DUCK!!!!" I don't know if he liked it but I do have the gratification of a dumb and funny story.

                            TD

                            PS at the same show a drunk women tossed her drink at Eye and splashed all over his table of gear and he looked pretty
                            pissed off.

                            --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                            > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "trip_fontayne"
                            > <trip_fontayne@h...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > ps: i'd love to fly to japan and ask him, i really should have
                            > asked
                            > > him when i passed him in the hallway of the Arches with his baby,
                            > > but i couldnt really muster up anything that i would be happy
                            > saying
                            > > to him
                            > > ---
                            >
                            > Wow,you saw Eye at McDonalds and you didn't even say hi?I wasn't
                            > aware he had a child,did he marry along time ago?The Bore-quirer
                            > needs to know.
                            >
                            > I guess I wouldn't know what to say either,I've had Tatsuya Yoshida
                            > and Yamamoto walk past me at clubs,but all I could say
                            > was"...hey.....".Next time I will ask Yoshimi to marry me.Or either
                            > of the Melt Banana ladies.
                          • gygax
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jul 14, 2004
                              super seeeeee!!!!!! dvd reissue
                              6 years later, boredoms dvd gets reissued:

                              http://wmg.jp/gc2004/domestic.html#boredoms

                              a couple of japanese sites are showing a "boredoms"
                              release scheduled for 9/23/04 with not a lot more
                              information.