Re: Sunsidial Cendencies

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 8, 2004
      no, but intrigued. the title looks like a pun on the band
      name "suicidal tendencies", which would fit their erratic tradition
      of invoking others bands (ramones, butthole surfers, etc) in the
      boredoms' own music. any more info?--- In
      theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "zdak32" <zdak32@y...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Does anyone know anything about this boredoms release 'Sunsidial
      > Cendencies'?

    • gygax
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 8, 2004
        "Suncidal Cendencies" (WEA Japan--WQJB-1023--picture
        disc 12") 1999
        Vision Creation Newsun EP (WEA Japan--WPC6-10032--CD
        EP) 1999

        LINE-UPS: BOREDOMS: EY��--Mix, vox, syn, samples,
        turntable, electonics; YAMAMOTOR--Guitar; HILAH--Bass,
        effects; YOSHIMI--Drums, per, vox, casiotone;
        ATR--Drums, per, elepad; E-DA--Drums, per, elepad;
        UOREDOMS: EY��--8ch open reel, reel tape scratch,
        mixer, eq's, sampler; YOSHIMI--Drums, percussion;
        ATR--Drums, percussion; E-DA--Drums, percussion;
        YAMMOMOTOR--Percussion, bongo; HILAH--Percussion,
        djanbe (sic); IZUMI KIYOSHI--Synthesizer, sampler;
        MAEKAWA (Tag Rag)--PA; O.G. HAYASHI--Advice (no
        guitar, no bass)

        12" track list: SIDE 1 (Sun AM): Suncidal Cendencies
        [Suncidal Tentency Mix];
        SIDE 2 (Sun PM): Moonsidal Cendencies [Moochy Remix]

        CD track list: 1. Suncidal Cendencies [edited version
        of the first song on the Vision Creation Newsun album]
        (8:47); 2. Moonsidal Cendencies [Moochy Remix]
        (10:09); 3. UOREDOMS--11 Aug '99 Live (Total eclipse +
        grand cross) (24:31)

        12" single was packaged in a clear plastic sleeve,
        included stickers, and is now out of print. CD EP
        packaged with a printed plastic cover insert, and is
        in print.

        taken from here:

        http://www.ottawa-anime.org/~eyevocal/boredoms/boredisc.htm

        --- alterego100usa <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > no, but intrigued. the title looks like a pun on the
        > band
        > name "suicidal tendencies", which would fit their
        > erratic tradition
        > of invoking others bands (ramones, butthole surfers,
        > etc) in the
        > boredoms' own music. any more info?--- In
        > theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "zdak32" <zdak32@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > Does anyone know anything about this boredoms
        > release 'Sunsidial
        > > Cendencies'?

      • zdak32
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 9, 2004
          Thanks for the information :) You say that the CD is still in print.
          Do you know where I might buy a copy?

        • gygax
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 9, 2004
            try here:

            http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00002JX5E/qid=1078873344/sr=1-20/ref=sr_1_2_20/249-7549452-8555508

            good luck!

            --- zdak32 <zdak32@...> wrote:
            > Thanks for the information :) You say that the CD is
            > still in print.
            > Do you know where I might buy a copy?
            >
            > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, gygax
            > <gygax0r@y...> wrote:
            > > "Suncidal Cendencies" (WEA
            > Japan--WQJB-1023--picture
            > > disc 12") 1999
            > > Vision Creation Newsun EP (WEA
            > Japan--WPC6-10032--CD
            > > EP) 1999
            > >
            > > LINE-UPS: BOREDOMS: EY��--Mix, vox, syn, samples,
            > > turntable, electonics; YAMAMOTOR--Guitar;
            > HILAH--Bass,
            > > effects; YOSHIMI--Drums, per, vox, casiotone;
            > > ATR--Drums, per, elepad; E-DA--Drums, per, elepad;
            > > UOREDOMS: EY��--8ch open reel, reel tape scratch,
            > > mixer, eq's, sampler; YOSHIMI--Drums, percussion;
            > > ATR--Drums, percussion; E-DA--Drums, percussion;
            > > YAMMOMOTOR--Percussion, bongo; HILAH--Percussion,
            > > djanbe (sic); IZUMI KIYOSHI--Synthesizer, sampler;
            > > MAEKAWA (Tag Rag)--PA; O.G. HAYASHI--Advice (no
            > > guitar, no bass)
            > >
            > > 12" track list: SIDE 1 (Sun AM): Suncidal
            > Cendencies
            > > [Suncidal Tentency Mix];
            > > SIDE 2 (Sun PM): Moonsidal Cendencies [Moochy
            > Remix]
            > >
            > > CD track list: 1. Suncidal Cendencies [edited
            > version
            > > of the first song on the Vision Creation Newsun
            > album]
            > > (8:47); 2. Moonsidal Cendencies [Moochy Remix]
            > > (10:09); 3. UOREDOMS--11 Aug '99 Live (Total
            > eclipse +
            > > grand cross) (24:31)
            > >
            > > 12" single was packaged in a clear plastic sleeve,
            > > included stickers, and is now out of print. CD EP
            > > packaged with a printed plastic cover insert, and
            > is
            > > in print.
            > >
            > > taken from here:

            http://www.ottawa-anime.org/~eyevocal/boredoms/boredisc.htm

            > > --- alterego100usa <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
            > wrote:
            > > > no, but intrigued. the title looks like a pun on
            > the
            > > > band
            > > > name "suicidal tendencies", which would fit
            > their
            > > > erratic tradition
            > > > of invoking others bands (ramones, butthole
            > surfers,
            > > > etc) in the
            > > > boredoms' own music. any more info?--- In
            > > > theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "zdak32"
            > <zdak32@y...>

            > > > release 'Sunsidial

          • gygax