[the boredoms] tzadik news

  • aeelms@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2004
      From the tzadik web site:
      April 2004 Releases
      Yamamoto Seiichi: Baptism
      From organizing concerts at his club Bears to performing in the cult bands
      Omoide Hatoba, Rovo and Boredoms, Yamamoto has been a central figure of the
      internationally acclaimed Osaka rock/noise scene since the late 80's. For his
      second Tzadik CD, one of Japan's most original and creative guitarists presents
      his first ever solo recording, an exciting and wide ranging program jumping from
      prepared electric to lyrical acoustic. Fred Frith, Joseph Spence and Derek
      Bailey are just a few of the influences Yamamoto touches upon in this intimate
      and surprising classic of new guitar.
    • trigger_goldberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2004
        What's with Zorn calling this Yamamoto's first ever solo recording? I was
        under the impression that CROWN OF FUZZY GROOVE was largely a solo
        effort, but if it isn't, then what are NOA and NOA 2? Those are both entirely
        solo guitar records, to my recollection.

        > Omoide Hatoba, Rovo and Boredoms, Yamamoto has been a central figure
        of the
        > internationally acclaimed Osaka rock/noise scene since the late 80's. For
        his
        > second Tzadik CD, one of Japan's most original and creative guitarists
        presents
        > his first ever solo recording, an exciting and wide ranging program jumping
        from
        > prepared electric to lyrical acoustic. Fred Frith, Joseph Spence and Derek
        > Bailey are just a few of the influences Yamamoto touches upon in this
        intimate
        > and surprising classic of new guitar.
      • robertheinlein66
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2004
          nu frequency is pretty much a solo album as well, the note on the
          cover of the cd says its a solo album