Re: [the boredoms] bore 99 audio

  • Lee Henderson
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2004
      How do I find alt.binaries.sounds mp3s.90's ?
      I don't know how to look for groups on the net.

      >i posted the whole show 6/29/99 in alt.binaries.sounds mp3s.90's.
      >
      >the files i put here arte low quality, i posted much better quality
      >in news groups. i posted the last bore from 02 a few weeks ago in
      >the 00's group
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >To visit your group on the web, go to:

    • Christian Daly
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 29, 2004
        You'll need to use a newsreader. Some e-mail client
        software will include one. If you need a standalone
        product, a lot of people seem to like a package called
        Agent. When you open the newsreader, you'll have the
        option (typically) to look over a long list of
        newsgroups. It's kind of like a bulletin board.
        There are ways to split up a large file into a lot of
        small ones and each of these small files is posted as
        a message. You can (in most newsreaders I've seen)
        then highlight all the messages and have the reader
        assemble the appropriate files from all the individual
        pieces. Once they're together, save the files in a
        location you'll remember.

        There's a lot more technical crap I don't know about,
        in terms of how the files are diced and reassembled,
        but you probably won't need to worry about it. If you
        have MS Internet Explorer installed, you have Outlook
        Express. You can use the newsreader in that.
        Netscape, Mozilla, and Opera all have newsreaders,
        too. Other e-mail client software like Eudora will
        have newsreaders, too. Check the help files for
        whatever software you want to use and it should be
        able to walk you through the process.

        -Christian

        --- Lee Henderson <lee-henderson@...> wrote:
        > How do I find alt.binaries.sounds mp3s.90's ?
        > I don't know how to look for groups on the net.
        >
        > >i posted the whole show 6/29/99 in
        > alt.binaries.sounds mp3s.90's.
        > >
        > >the files i put here arte low quality, i posted
        > much better quality
        > >in news groups. i posted the last bore from 02 a
        > few weeks ago in
        > >the 00's group
        > >

        > >Yahoo! Groups Links

        > ><http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo! Terms of
        > Service.

        > removed]

        http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
      • robertheinlein66
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 29, 2004
          its a newgroup, people exchange all kinds of video and audio. your
          isp should provide acceess to usent but you need to use a newsreader
          to see whats going on.

          this must sound confusing, it took me a long time to figure it out

          > How do I find alt.binaries.sounds mp3s.90's ?
          > I don't know how to look for groups on the net.
          >
          > >i posted the whole show 6/29/99 in alt.binaries.sounds mp3s.90's.
          > >
          > >the files i put here arte low quality, i posted much better quality
          > >in news groups. i posted the last bore from 02 a few weeks ago in
          > >the 00's group
          > >

          > >Yahoo! Groups Links

          roup/theboredoms/

        • robertheinlein66
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 29, 2004
            wow you expelanation is a lot better than mine,
            thanks

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 29, 2004
              Thanks! Cool.