eye

  • aeelms@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 11, 2003
      Don't know when it will come out, or what it is exactly, but have heard that
      eye recorded a solo disc for tzadik when he was in ny to play with zorn.
    • 1-0
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 13, 2003
        --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, aeelms@a... wrote:
        > Don't know when it will come out, or what it is exactly, but have
        heard that
        > eye recorded a solo disc for tzadik when he was in ny to play with
        zorn.

        I also heard this; apparently, Eye had so many ideas for the duo gig
        with Zorn (which I believe was recorded for eventual release), Zorn
        suggested he just do a solo record. Not sure of any details though.

        Dominique
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 19, 2004
          from the tzadik website:
          NEW JAPAN
          Yamataka Eye/John Zorn: Naninani II
          Eye and Zorn first met in Tokyo back in 1986. They have travelled
          together, toured, performed, laughed, cried, recorded and
          collectively been responsible for some of the strangest music ever
          conceived. In 1995, nine years after their first meeting, they went
          into the studio to create one of the first releases in the Tzadik New
          Japan series: Nani Nani. In 2003 they returned to the studio to
          create NANINANI II, a wild and crazy compendium of fragile screams
          and tender fire. After almost twenty years the telepathic rapport of
          these two kindred spirits is stronger than ever.
          scheduled to come out in october 2004.

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 19, 2004
            This is definitely one I will take to the listening station before I
            decide to buy.I like Zorn and Eye's sax/voice duets,but I'm
            apparently one of the few people that thought NaniNani was a waste of
            my 15 bucks.I know with experimental/improv there is a fine line
            between genius and stupidity but knowing what the two did in Naked
            City I was expecting a hell of alot more than the thrown together
            mess they came up with.
          • robertheinlein66
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 27, 2004
              --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@y...>
              wrote:
              > This is definitely one I will take to the listening station before
              > decide to buy.I like Zorn and Eye's sax/voice duets,but I'm
              > apparently one of the few people that thought NaniNani was a waste
              of
              > my 15 bucks.I know with experimental/improv there is a fine line
              > between genius and stupidity but knowing what the two did in Naked
              > City I was expecting a hell of alot more than the thrown together
              > mess they came up with.

              if its anything like the shows they did in nyc recently it wall be
              brillant. eye didnt really sing(scream) at all he was playing some
              weard instrument that looked like 2 eggs