ATP: Vooredoms now on hold

  • Just ask
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14, 2003
      Hello. ATP has posted what appears to be the final lineup for the
      fest. It turns out the pulling of the Boredoms's mention was indeed
      intentional: the band hadn't committed to the new date yet. The final
      decision will be made in the coming weeks.

      I don't know about anyone else but I for one am fed up with the whole
      thing. I'm sure the people at ATP are nice and all but this has been
      a disaster from day one. I'd bet money that, after this festival (and
      NYC, if it happens), it'll be a U.K.-only deal. I don't know, maybe
      there's some behind-the-scenes stuff they can't discuss, but the whole
      thing smells funny. *sigh* Oh well. At least they signed on The
      Stooges. Maybe I'm on crack but it seems like they're one of the few
      reunion shows worth catching.
    • Claude Zachary
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 14, 2003
        yeah, I was again waiting till it was announced, when they changed
        the date to November 8-9(my b-day) I got an e-mail saying it is very
        up in the air, I don't know exactly why but it doesn't look good, I
        figure its just scheduling w/ all their bands, OOIOO is touring
        w/Kim Gordon at the end of Oct. I wish they would come if there is
        someone in Vooredoms that can't come, or both as originally planned,
        god this has been a fucked trip, Sonic Youth should always curate
        them, they are doing one day in Europe 2004, I'm sure the
        Vooredoms/OOIOO will play that.

        But The Stooges are playing so hopefully when they find that out
        they will drop everything and come play.
      • trigger_goldberg
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 15, 2003
          Will you be able to supply us with the dates of the OOIOO tour as soon as they
          are announced? Much appreciated if so.

          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Claude Zachary" <

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 15, 2003
            --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, trigger_goldberg <no_reply@y...>
            wrote:

            > Will you be able to supply us with the dates of the OOIOO tour as
            soon as they
            > are announced? Much appreciated if so.

            TOKYO .
            10.24 (fri) Shibuya CLUB QUATTRO
            GUEST DJ:KAN TAKAGI(APE SOUNDS)
            OPEN 18:00 START 19:00
            4,500YEN(adv.with 1drink)
            @ @
            NAGOYA .
            10.25 (sat) Nagoya CLUB QUATTRO
            GUEST DJ:KAN TAKAGI(APE SOUNDS)
            OPEN 18:00 START 19:00
            4,500YEN(adv.with 1drink)
            @ @
            OSAKA .
            10.26 (sun) Shinsaibashi CLUB QUATTRO
            GUEST DJ:KAN TAKAGI(APE SOUNDS)
            OPEN 18:00 START 19:00
            4,500YEN(adv.with 1drink)
            @ @
            HIROSHIMA .
            10.28 (tue) Hiroshima CLUB QUATTRO
            OPEN 18:00 START 19:00
            4,500YEN(adv.with 1drink)
            @ @
            FUKUOKA .
            10.29 (wed) Fukuoka DRUM Be-1
            OPEN 18:30 START 19:00
            4,500YEN(adv.drink fee charged @door)

            ALSO they're at Fuji this year, so is ROVO.

            http://smash-jpn.com/ooioo.html#20031029