Re: KILA KILLER

  • marc2000000000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23 12:44 AM
      Thanks for the info. Still hesitant about purchasing this. I heard
      Yoshimi was the only original member on this album, and though she
      writes/produces most of the material, how about the musicianship of
      the other members? And only 7 songs? (according to Amazon @ Japan)
      Did they do a "Super AE" sort of thing? I'm glad to hear some
      songs are around the 10 minute mark. Putting this on my wishlist...

      How's that second half souljacker?

      marcus

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Claude Zachary"
      <claudezachary@m...> wrote:
      > Fucking right on, I dl'ed it 5 days ago and was blown away the
      first
      > time I heard it. Pure genius!! I am not a reviewer but it is the
      > shit. More musical is a way, more real instruments, Yoshimi plays
      > Fender Rhodes, and more guitar!!!! Sometimes this album reminds
      me
      > of a little beefheartianism and some Siler Appleisms, but hardcore
      > Yoshimisms. FUCKING BEAUTIFUL. I got my CD in the mail today,
      and
      > I STONGLY suggest that anyone who got it on SoulSeek BUY IT, its
      > worth THE ARTWORK and sound, if you have the MP3 you know the many
      > layers existing, you GOTTA get the real CD, it'll be like 30
      bucks,
      > its worth it, I don't buy CD's either, just got OOIOO and Satori
      and
      > thay were both worth getting the real copies of.
      >
      > So yeah, 2 songs around 10 min. one song over 11 min. and one over
      > 15.min, 8 songs in all, really unrea;!!!!!!!! Buy the exchange
      rate
      > is 119 Yen to $1. Go here and find the link to buy:
      >
      > http://groups.msn.com/PsychedelicMusicFromTheAxisPowers/ooioo.msnw
    • souljacker68
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 23 1:55 AM
        --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, marc2000000000 <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        How's that second half souljacker?

        Ha Ha. Yeah its great.
        The whole CD is clearly influenced by their previous albums but it
        does take their sound a step or two further. It starts with two short
        tracks of random(?) organ and some nice bells and water sounds.
        Similar to some previous work EYE has been involved in. It then
        begins to gain momentum. I think there are more jazz/funk influences
        at work on this album. Some luverly Rhodes organ and very nice horn
        arrangments that can sometimes give it a kind of 'blaxploitation'
        vibe (in my opinion, you may totaly disagree of course)all totally
        OOIOO though. The drumming on this album is superb and the bass
        playing is also top draw. Very impressed, though £30 on import. Hmmm,
        thats enough to make anyone think twice and head for Soulseek. They
        NEED an international release.