KILA KILLER

  • Claude Zachary
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 21, 2003
      Fucking right on, I dl'ed it 5 days ago and was blown away the first
      time I heard it. Pure genius!! I am not a reviewer but it is the
      shit. More musical is a way, more real instruments, Yoshimi plays a
      Fender Rhodes, and more guitar!!!! Sometimes this album reminds me
      of a little beefheartianism and some Siler Appleisms, but hardcore
      Yoshimisms. FUCKING BEAUTIFUL. I got my CD in the mail today, and
      I STONGLY suggest that anyone who got it on SoulSeek BUY IT, its
      worth THE ARTWORK and sound, if you have the MP3 you know the many
      layers existing, you GOTTA get the real CD, it'll be like 30 bucks,
      its worth it, I don't buy CD's either, just got OOIOO and Satori and
      thay were both worth getting the real copies of.

      So yeah, 2 songs around 10 min. one song over 11 min. and one over
      15.min, 8 songs in all, really unrea;!!!!!!!! Buy the exchange rate
      is 119 Yen to $1. Go here and find the link to buy:

      http://groups.msn.com/PsychedelicMusicFromTheAxisPowers/ooioo.msnw
    • marc2000000000
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 23, 2003
        Thanks for the info. Still hesitant about purchasing this. I heard
        Yoshimi was the only original member on this album, and though she
        writes/produces most of the material, how about the musicianship of
        the other members? And only 7 songs? (according to Amazon @ Japan)
        Did they do a "Super AE" sort of thing? I'm glad to hear some
        songs are around the 10 minute mark. Putting this on my wishlist...

        How's that second half souljacker?

        marcus

        --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Claude Zachary"
        <claudezachary@m...> wrote:
        > Fucking right on, I dl'ed it 5 days ago and was blown away the
        first
        > time I heard it. Pure genius!! I am not a reviewer but it is the
        > shit. More musical is a way, more real instruments, Yoshimi plays
        > Fender Rhodes, and more guitar!!!! Sometimes this album reminds
        me
        > of a little beefheartianism and some Siler Appleisms, but hardcore
        > Yoshimisms. FUCKING BEAUTIFUL. I got my CD in the mail today,
        and
        > I STONGLY suggest that anyone who got it on SoulSeek BUY IT, its
        > worth THE ARTWORK and sound, if you have the MP3 you know the many
        > layers existing, you GOTTA get the real CD, it'll be like 30
        bucks,
        > its worth it, I don't buy CD's either, just got OOIOO and Satori
        and
        > thay were both worth getting the real copies of.
        >
        > So yeah, 2 songs around 10 min. one song over 11 min. and one over
        > 15.min, 8 songs in all, really unrea;!!!!!!!! Buy the exchange
        rate
        > is 119 Yen to $1. Go here and find the link to buy:
        >
        > http://groups.msn.com/PsychedelicMusicFromTheAxisPowers/ooioo.msnw
      • souljacker68
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 23, 2003
          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, marc2000000000 <no_reply@y...>
          wrote:
          How's that second half souljacker?

          Ha Ha. Yeah its great.
          The whole CD is clearly influenced by their previous albums but it
          does take their sound a step or two further. It starts with two short
          tracks of random(?) organ and some nice bells and water sounds.
          Similar to some previous work EYE has been involved in. It then
          begins to gain momentum. I think there are more jazz/funk influences
          at work on this album. Some luverly Rhodes organ and very nice horn
          arrangments that can sometimes give it a kind of 'blaxploitation'
          vibe (in my opinion, you may totaly disagree of course)all totally
          OOIOO though. The drumming on this album is superb and the bass
          playing is also top draw. Very impressed, though £30 on import. Hmmm,
          thats enough to make anyone think twice and head for Soulseek. They
          NEED an international release.