Re: [the boredoms] Digest Number 280

  • Jim Butler
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2003
      > Rashinban

      I have a few live shows by Rashinban. They are okay, but quite far removed from Yamamoto's spacier activities. The songs are kind of gentle, straightforward indie rock - Yamamoto handles the vocals (I presume?), which if you are not fluent in Japanese can go on a bit (His voice isn't all that engaging). Once the vocals are done, they stretch it out, with Y using a kind of Neil Young-ish tone. It's quite peaceful in it's own way, but what I've heard doesn't have allot of energy.Having said all that, I don't have the studio stuff - I imagine it would be even more poppy, though.