Re: Question about anima mundi CD

  • exfedex2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 25, 2003
      I don't know about ALL the tracks being new because I'm not familiar
      with all the artists. The Rovo track is new and exclusive to it and
      the Boredoms track is a Phish cover which can also be found on a
      double Phish tribute CD.

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, PANIC STEPPER <panicstepper@y...>

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 25, 2003
        come across any live stuff? a friend is s-l-o-w-l-y transferring
        audio live tapes to cd, so only a few (non-bore) rarities cds to
        trade, but alternate exchanges always of interest, too-- In
        theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Zachary Griffin <z.griffin@a...> wrote:
        > It is good to know that there are people in the world that actually
        look
        > for the source for whatever information they are told. I wish
        there
        > were more people like that in the world. And just to get this back
        > this being Boredoms related. I bought the Anima Mundi compilation
        (as
        > well as a new KK Null, Vol. 3 of the Acid Mother's Temple/Magical
        Power
        > From Mars disc, and the Limited Express (Has Gone) CD from
        Tzadik. I
> [...]
        >
        > theboredoms@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        -----

        > >There are 2 messages in this issue.
        > >
        > >Topics in this digest:
        > >
        > > 1. Re: Digest Number 230
        > > From: Zachary Griffin <z.griffin@a...>
        > > 2. Re: Digest Number 230
        > > From: alterego100usa

        ___

        ___

        > >Message: 1
        > > Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 12:28:37 -0500
        > > From: Zachary Griffin <z.griffin@a...>
        > >Subject: Re: Digest Number 230
        > >
        > >I got the part about the Boredoms not playing america because of
        the
        > >Anthrax scare from someone on this group. The only thing I was
        able to
        > >find relating to it was an article that talked about how the
        japanese
        > >news reports about the anthrax scare of 2001 were sensationalized
        and
        > >affecting japanese tourism to the USA. It's been too long since I
        read
        > >these things to point you t any source.
        > >
        > >...and i thought it was related to air travel concerns, but don't
        > >recall seeing any attributed quote or source (one of the
        weaknesses
        > >of many internet sites). speculation and rumor on the web is
        typical--
        > >was this actually cited (magazines, etc.)?

        ___

        ___

        > >Message: 2
        > > Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 02:43:34 -0000
        > > From: alterego100usa
        > >Subject: Re: Digest Number 230
        > >
        > >thanks. it's just that i prefer to "know" rather than suppose.
        > >the 'net runs on rumor (or rumour, for our british and canadian
        > >friends/members...) and that as a writer, i immediately look for
        > >attributable sources. this is important when one considers that
        > >individuals from record companies or those connected with the
        group
        > >may be reading this information.--- In
        theboredoms@yahoogroups.com,
        > >Zachary Griffin <z.griffin@a...> wrote:
        > >

        > >>I got the part about the Boredoms not playing america because of
        > >>

        > >the
        > >

        > >>Anthrax scare from someone on this group. The only thing I was
        > >>

        > >able to
        > >

        > >>find relating to it was an article that talked about how the
        > >>

        > >japanese
        > >

        > >>news reports about the anthrax scare of 2001 were
        sensationalized

        > >and
        > >

        > >>affecting japanese tourism to the USA. It's been too long since
        > >>

        > >read
        > >

        > >>these things to point you t any source.
        > >>
        > >>...and i thought it was related to air travel concerns, but don't
        > >>recall seeing any attributed quote or source (one of the
        weaknesses
        > >>of many internet sites). speculation and rumor on the web is
        > >>

        > >typical--
        > >

        > >>was this actually cited (magazines, etc.)?

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Claude Zachary
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 26, 2003
          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, exfedex2000 <no_reply@y...>
          wrote:

          > I don't know about ALL the tracks being new because I'm not
          familiar
          > with all the artists. The Rovo track is new and exclusive to it
          and
          > the Boredoms track is a Phish cover which can also be found on a
          > double Phish tribute CD.

          Man, how can they be more mysterious and unreal. The Phish song
          again? ha thats toooo funny, also their contribution to the All
          Tomorrow's Parties CD, had me laughing my ass off. They have to
          love to fuck with people big time. There has been no new Boredoms
          recordings released (other than "Free") since stuff for VCNS
          recorded in 97-98. Imagine all the stuff they've recorded since
          then!!! I have 1 hr. or so of that Club Quattro '98 and they do 2
          pieces not on Super ae or VCNS. I hope they will decide to find a
          US distributor for live stuff & sides, or just start their own
          label, what in the world could postpone and album 2 yrs.?? Other
          than major label idiots!! Although I think "Gold & Green" should be
          on a US major, and promoted up the ass!! Well this is just wishfull
          bullshit thinking. My bad news message is next.