Re: [the boredoms] Digest Number 230

  • Zachary Griffin
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22 9:28 AM
      I got the part about the Boredoms not playing america because of the
      Anthrax scare from someone on this group. The only thing I was able to
      find relating to it was an article that talked about how the japanese
      news reports about the anthrax scare of 2001 were sensationalized and
      affecting japanese tourism to the USA. It's been too long since I read
      these things to point you t any source.

      ...and i thought it was related to air travel concerns, but don't
      recall seeing any attributed quote or source (one of the weaknesses
      of many internet sites). speculation and rumor on the web is typical--
      was this actually cited (magazines, etc.)?

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22 6:43 PM
        thanks. it's just that i prefer to "know" rather than suppose.
        the 'net runs on rumor (or rumour, for our british and canadian
        friends/members...) and that as a writer, i immediately look for
        attributable sources. this is important when one considers that
        individuals from record companies or those connected with the group
        may be reading this information.--- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com,