358Re: New Release????

    Apr 7, 2002
      i don't wanna sound like a hippy or anything, but i think the
      boredoms are for everyone! i was once a naive punk kid, who was
      afraid to try something new, but all it really took was one dedicated
      listen. i don't think the boredoms are a tough sell. i've only seen
      them once(at atp) and everyone who was around me (except for my
      friend) had no idea who the boredoms were. they were all there to see
      sleater keanney and aphex twin. but many of them (including girls)
      loved it. and if they were somewhat confused, i looked at them and
      said "you just saw the boredoms. they are not underground, but
      superground. now you should buy their all their albums. thank you".
      which brings me to my next point: everyone should encourage everyone
      at boredoms (or anyother japanese band) to have a great time and let
      loose. i couldn't give two shits whether they're boys or girls and
      anyway i know plenty of female boredoms fans (not as many as guys, i
      know), but fuck it; my future wife or whatever will be a bigger bore
      fan, than me and will have "hanatarash" tatooed on her ass!
      --- In theboredoms@y..., surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > the tape of the show is only interrupted by my "fuck,yes!"
      > > after the first 30minute (or so) jam.
      > What tape?Is this audio or video?It's really frustrating to me that
      > can't find any video from their shows of the last few years.There's
      > that clip of them from Fuji around'99,wish it was full length.I did
      > have one video,but the sound was so poor I gave it away.Any of you
      > traders out there have prime Bore vids from the new era?I would be
      > willing to pay,as I have nothing to trade(save an old Aube vid and
      > Melt Banana,which all the traders already have I'm sure).
      > Anyway,even though I'm one of those bumps on a log who just stand
      > there the whole time,I agree with you.I think part of the problem
      > 70%of the audience who just show up for the show without knowing
      > the band is.So throughout the whole thing they're trying to figure
      > out what the hell it is they're seeing.I do remember the last time
      > saw them,before the show there were these punkers hanging
      > outside.Fairly nice chaps but they didn't know who Bore were and I
      > said"it's an acquired taste"they put on a great show(love those
      > just pounding into my chest during Super Going).But as I exited the
      > club to hear some kids saying"Man was that intense?"who do I find
      > the little punk kid,sitting a block away.Yeah.I love those people
      > that walk out of Bore shows,"screw this man".No offense but I'm
      > surprised to see girls at these shows.I mean I saw my first Ruins
      > show and I'm thinking,why are there so many girls here?Not that
      > can't have good taste,but you know it takes a little effort to find
      > such refreshing and challenging music like this.Most girls I run
      > wouldn't pursue new sounds to this end.They're happy with
      > singersongwrites and whatever MTV or local radio tells them is cool.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic