2979Re: new boredoms stuff?????????????

  • wingsoftoast
    Feb 9, 2009
      I like dance music too (currently boring everyone with Basic Channel
      records) and i have seen the drum trio line-up - Eye wasn't playing
      the sevana thingummyjig at the time. maybe i'm just getting old! of
      course, part of the whole Boredoms appeal lies in their
      unconventionality and mutability - but you have to wonder if the drum
      trio has become self-limiting. I'm also getting old, and have a baby
      to feed - so 60 quid on what my wife calls'that noise' is a bit
      tricky...

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, fastyouth81 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > if you've been lucky enough to have seen them on more than one
      occasion like myself then
      > you can definitely see the evolution continuing. riffs, patterns,
      textures are continually
      > building and expanding like a long-term transmutation. i think
      77boadrum and the
      > proceeding 88boadrum are perhaps the pinnacle of that evolution.
      i'm not sure what
      > direction they can go in after that, but i'm definitely willing to
      stay and find out.

      > with regards to exfedex's comments about their studio work, i
      personally think seadrum is
      > a close approximation of their live performance and super roots 10,
      while not an good
      > example of the ferocity (no sevena?!) of the group, does capture a
      part of the dancey
      > boredoms which i have witnessed live a few years back in tokyo. i
      like it, but i personally
      > have a taste for dance music so take that for what you will.
      > but i empathize with demand for a proper full length. i feel
      like they still have a
      > monster of a album within them still yet to be released.
      >
      > on a side note, has anyone heard the new yoshimi album? the album
      artwork looks way
      > better than the SR10 does.
      >
      > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, exfedex2000 <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm not sure they'll follow the Hawkwind scenario. LIVE they're
      still
      > > very vital. It's just that for some reason they will NOT get what
      > > they do best into a studio! That last tour they did was a total
      mind
      > > fuck but where's the recording?
      > >
      > > The 77 Boa Drum audio is essential. Extremely well recorded.
      The DVD
      > > is highlights not the whole performance. No big deal. Super
      Roots 10
      > > isn't terrible it's just ho hum.
      > >
      > > I saw the triple drummer lineup for the first time in March 2002
      and
      > > waited and waited and waited for a studio recording. Eye himself
      even
      > > told us that the whole thing was already recorded and would be
      out in
      > > August (of 2002). I guess I'm still waiting for it. LOL!
      > >
      > > After 7 years of this I'm beginning to believe that they're
      keeping
      > > their recorded side and their LIVE side two separate entities.
      > > <shrugs> Anybody's guess is as good as mine.
      > >
      > > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "wingsoftoast" <wingsoftoast@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > wow, you go away for a few months and look what happens. HMV
      japan has
      > > > got the boadrum cd/dvd priced at about 60 uk
      pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      > > > (funnily priced 7777 yen - ha ha) there's also a 12" of
      something +
      > > > super roots 10. I must say, a year ago I'd have plunged
      straight into
      > > > my magical debt card to get this stuff, but looking at all the
      comments
      > > > I'm not so sure if i'm bothered.
      > > >
      > > > I know there's an attraction in collecting stuff that's 'hard
      to come
      > > > by' (even if the internet makes it dead easy, as long as you're
      > > > prepared to pay the money),but really - can anyone say that the
      group
      > > > has done anything really different in the last nine years?
      They've
      > > > become something of a leftfield institution recently, so they
      could
      > > > pretty much release the sound of Eye clicking his fingers 777
      times and
      > > > someone would run out and buy it. I can't help thinking of
      ageing
      > > > hippies such as Hawkwind, eternally touring, eternally doing
      the same
      > > > thing in front of a fervently loyal, unquestioning fan-base...

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic