2978Re: new boredoms stuff?????????????

    Feb 8, 2009
      if you've been lucky enough to have seen them on more than one occasion like myself then
      you can definitely see the evolution continuing. riffs, patterns, textures are continually
      building and expanding like a long-term transmutation. i think 77boadrum and the
      proceeding 88boadrum are perhaps the pinnacle of that evolution. i'm not sure what
      direction they can go in after that, but i'm definitely willing to stay and find out.

      with regards to exfedex's comments about their studio work, i personally think seadrum is
      a close approximation of their live performance and super roots 10, while not an good
      example of the ferocity (no sevena?!) of the group, does capture a part of the dancey
      boredoms which i have witnessed live a few years back in tokyo. i like it, but i personally
      have a taste for dance music so take that for what you will.
      but i empathize with demand for a proper full length. i feel like they still have a
      monster of a album within them still yet to be released.

      on a side note, has anyone heard the new yoshimi album? the album artwork looks way
      better than the SR10 does.

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, exfedex2000 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > I'm not sure they'll follow the Hawkwind scenario. LIVE they're still
      > very vital. It's just that for some reason they will NOT get what
      > they do best into a studio! That last tour they did was a total mind
      > fuck but where's the recording?
      >
      > The 77 Boa Drum audio is essential. Extremely well recorded. The DVD
      > is highlights not the whole performance. No big deal. Super Roots 10
      > isn't terrible it's just ho hum.
      >
      > I saw the triple drummer lineup for the first time in March 2002 and
      > waited and waited and waited for a studio recording. Eye himself even
      > told us that the whole thing was already recorded and would be out in
      > August (of 2002). I guess I'm still waiting for it. LOL!
      >
      > After 7 years of this I'm beginning to believe that they're keeping
      > their recorded side and their LIVE side two separate entities.
      > <shrugs> Anybody's guess is as good as mine.
      >
      > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "wingsoftoast" <wingsoftoast@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > wow, you go away for a few months and look what happens. HMV japan has
      > > got the boadrum cd/dvd priced at about 60 uk pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      > > (funnily priced 7777 yen - ha ha) there's also a 12" of something +
      > > super roots 10. I must say, a year ago I'd have plunged straight into
      > > my magical debt card to get this stuff, but looking at all the comments
      > > I'm not so sure if i'm bothered.
      > >
      > > I know there's an attraction in collecting stuff that's 'hard to come
      > > by' (even if the internet makes it dead easy, as long as you're
      > > prepared to pay the money),but really - can anyone say that the group
      > > has done anything really different in the last nine years? They've
      > > become something of a leftfield institution recently, so they could
      > > pretty much release the sound of Eye clicking his fingers 777 times and
      > > someone would run out and buy it. I can't help thinking of ageing
      > > hippies such as Hawkwind, eternally touring, eternally doing the same
      > > thing in front of a fervently loyal, unquestioning fan-base...

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic