2977Re: new boredoms stuff?????????????

  • exfedex2000
    Feb 8 7:16 AM
      I'm not sure they'll follow the Hawkwind scenario. LIVE they're still
      very vital. It's just that for some reason they will NOT get what
      they do best into a studio! That last tour they did was a total mind
      fuck but where's the recording?

      The 77 Boa Drum audio is essential. Extremely well recorded. The DVD
      is highlights not the whole performance. No big deal. Super Roots 10
      isn't terrible it's just ho hum.

      I saw the triple drummer lineup for the first time in March 2002 and
      waited and waited and waited for a studio recording. Eye himself even
      told us that the whole thing was already recorded and would be out in
      August (of 2002). I guess I'm still waiting for it. LOL!

      After 7 years of this I'm beginning to believe that they're keeping
      their recorded side and their LIVE side two separate entities.
      <shrugs> Anybody's guess is as good as mine.

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "wingsoftoast" <wingsoftoast@...>
      wrote:

      > wow, you go away for a few months and look what happens. HMV japan has
      > got the boadrum cd/dvd priced at about 60 uk pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      > (funnily priced 7777 yen - ha ha) there's also a 12" of something +
      > super roots 10. I must say, a year ago I'd have plunged straight into
      > my magical debt card to get this stuff, but looking at all the comments
      > I'm not so sure if i'm bothered.
      >
      > I know there's an attraction in collecting stuff that's 'hard to come
      > by' (even if the internet makes it dead easy, as long as you're
      > prepared to pay the money),but really - can anyone say that the group
      > has done anything really different in the last nine years? They've
      > become something of a leftfield institution recently, so they could
      > pretty much release the sound of Eye clicking his fingers 777 times and
      > someone would run out and buy it. I can't help thinking of ageing
      > hippies such as Hawkwind, eternally touring, eternally doing the same
      > thing in front of a fervently loyal, unquestioning fan-base...

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic