2868Re: [the boredoms] LIVE At Sunflancisco

    Dec 26, 2007
      How long does the DVD run? In the past, at least, it seemed as if the
      group was under-represented in music video and official concert video
      output, very odd for a group with such visual qualities. I haven't
      seen the video described here, but the "blurs" (though likely
      deliberate) also sound like partly a side-effect of certain digital
      video transcoding errors, where dark scenes or scenes that fade to
      black leave a weird artifact-type smear on the screen instead of just
      fading properly from light to dark. It's been years now, and I'm
      still waiting for this digital flaw to be corrected; if anyone can
      explain why it's never been corrected, can that be explained, too?
      It's especially evident in certain TV broadcasts. Transfers of old
      videotape show this flaw readily. VH-1 Classics ran some early MTV
      broadcasts awhile ago, but instead of using tape, or a propely-coded
      transfer from tape, they had these gritty-looking bad transcodings
      that looked like they were done by an amateur, with the same sort of
      digital flaws (weird fades, dropped frames, smearing, etc.). --- In

      wrote:
      > Well, it's not the most professionally shot video you'll see
      > but at
      > > least it's something. The blur effect is absolutely annoying!
      I kept