2600Re: [the boredoms] Re: Lift Boys

  • Jonathan Williams
    Dec 21, 2006
      I've seen the second 12" it kicking around NYC records stores (Kims? Other
      music?) up to a year after the GATAX show. Might be worth checking online
      there or calling/emailing.

      The first Lift Boys record is cribbed from older DJ Pica^3 stuff including
      Shock City 1 and the song 777 from some Psy-Harmonics comp.

      I don't understand why people hate on the 2nd 12" Lifty Voyzzzzz. I think
      one song has a cribbed Jean Michael Jarre synth line (IIRC) and the other
      song is like Eye doing call and response vocals in a Technotronic style.

      Sidenote: does anyone have a good background in Osaka house music? My best
      friend gave me some crazy 12" collecting 10 years of material and I'm
      probably going to want to get some info on it. Email me off list.

      - Jon Williams
      http://wizardishungry.com/blog/