2495Re: OOIOO new album and Japan dates!

  • domsbore
    Jul 20, 2006
      im going tomorrow in ebisu. i lost my job last week and had to make
      the decision between ooioo and eating fot the next three days.
      obviously ooioo won.
      did you record the show?
      im gonna try to get tomorrows show on MD. i will post it when i get it
      onto my mac.
      flying rythms too tomorrow. looking good.

      - In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, fastyouth81 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > saw the osaka show and fell in love with the new material. watching
      ooioo, for me, is
      > not like watching the boredoms. the boredoms always seem super
      rehearsed like a
      > machine while ooioo seem more on the cuff.
      > anyway, they mostly played stuff off Taiga and threw in mountain
      book at the end
      > (but it looked like yoshimi was having trouble with it).
      >
      > taiga (FYI named after yoshimi's son) to me seems like a more raw
      version of kila kila
      > kila. no synths are used and the most of the strange sounds are
      merely an odd
      > combo of boss guitar pedals. there are also a lot more start/stop
      tricky time changes
      > and additional percussion. they actually had a second percussionist
      a the show too.

      > i also talked to the boredoms/ooioo soundman who told me that they
      want to tour
      > america again next year and try and do the 77 drumkit thing again.
      apparently the
      > deitch project people were "too stingy". i told him to hit up the
      west coast (where i'll
      > be) and he said he wasn't sure, but mostly likely on the same scale
      as this years tour.

      > ryan
      >

      > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, domsbore <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > ooioo.jp

      > > and one with ESG, theres no way i can afford all this.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic