2295Re: Two disc mix compilation of Boredoms music

  • wijte
    Mar 6, 2006
      Thanks! Yeah, 15 is probably the track you're thinkin' of. It'll
      definitely throw my friend in for a curve, but that's okay- the
      Boredoms are all about surprises, so a Boredoms mix should be too! ;-)

      And, you're right about the Soul Discharge thing... I've got both
      SD '99 and SD/Early Boredoms, and the tunes I included here were from
      SD '99.

      > good mix
      >
      > when you say you didn't choose from sd/early bore, you're referring
      to the early bore
      > part?
      > cuz you put like 3 songs from soul discharge (presumably soul
      discharge '99).

      > interesting that you started with 15 from SR6. If that's the track
      I'm thinking of, that
      > has to be the most beautiful serene track I've ever heard from the
      Boredoms. I always
      > do an aural double take when that track comes up on my mp3 player.
      > so it may be kind of a curveball for an introductory primer mix.
      >
      > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "wijte" <wijte@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi guys. I just put together two discs of Boredoms tunes for a
      > > friend. Wanted to show you all what stuff I included... Tunes
      from
      > > the following albums are included: Soul Discharge '99, Pop
      Tatari,
      > > Chocolate Synthesizer, Super Roots 6, Super AE, Vision Creation
      > > Newsun, Rebore Vol. 0, Rebore Vol. 2, and Seadrum/House of Sun. I
      > > also have Wow 2, Onanie Bomb Meets the Sex Pistols, Super Roots
      5,
      > > and Soul Discharge/Early Boredoms, but decided not to included
      any
      > > tunes from those in the mixes. I tried to focus heavily on the
      second-
      > > wave (i.e. Super Roots 6 and on) of the band's career, so 80% of
      the
      > > music on these discs consist of that era's music.
      > >
      > > Here are the tracklists:
      > >
      > > Disc 1: Sunsplatters
      > >
      > > 1. "15"
      > > 2. "77777" [from Rebore 0]
      > > 3. "Your Name Is Limitless"
      > > 4. "Super Shine"
      > > 5. "11" [from SR6]
      > > 6. excerpt from "Rebore Vol. 2" [this excerpt is from about 38:16
      > > until the end of the disc, so it's about 12:05 long]
      > > 7. "Smoke 7"
      > > 8. "Cory & The Mandara Suicide Pyramid Action Or Gas Satori"
      > > 9. "7777" [from Rebore 0]
      > > 10. "8" [from SR6]
      > > 11. "(Star/Heart)" [this track is a single mp3 of these two tunes
      > > stitched together]
      > >
      > > Disc 2: The eYes of the World
      > >
      > > 1. "Super Going"
      > > 2. "9" [from SR6]