2164Re: [the boredoms] RIP China Nishimura & DMBQ & Seiichi Yamamoto Band

  • Dan Clark
    Nov 7 7:50 AM
      This is a general e-mail to all people that I know who have some kind
      of connection to DMBQ or specifially Mana 'China' Nishiura, who had a
      terrible car accident on the weekend on the freeway near New York. As
      far as we know, 3 of the 4 members of DBMQ and their tour manager are
      in critical condition somewhere in New York state.

      Unfortunately and very sadly, Mana didn't survive the accident. As
      most of us know, Mana was in many bands including Rashinban with her
      boyfriend Seiichi Yamamoto and for a time Shonen Knife, which is
      where most of my contacts in the US and Canada met her first.

      I just want to make sure that everyone knows about the tragedy. Also,
      Robin and I though it might be good to have a list of e-mail
      addresses for people wanting updates or information that comes our
      way. We don't know much at the moment, but hope to piece together
      what we can. It is the very least we can do under the circumstances.

      Please let me know directly if you wish to be off of this list and
      send me more names/e-mail addresses if you know of others I can add
      to it.

      MOST IMPORTANTLY, it seems they didn't have insurance to cover them
      in such an emergency. This means that their hospital bills may be
      very high if this turns out to be true.

      I know Robin was finding threads on the internet about local bands
      playing benefits for them as well as a Paypal website for donations
      to help out their families. I hope Robin will be able to update on
      this when he gets the information together.

      Once again, please let me know if you want off this list. It is not
      meant to harass anyone, just to inform interested people about what
      is happening.

      thank you kindly