1662Re: beefheart effect?

    Sep 2, 2004
      thanks! my first exposure to the captain was (appropriately) trout
      mask replica, which anyone in this group should own, or at least hear
      (several times). gary lucas also appeared in a wire story in
      newspapers a few weeks back as a judge for an air-guitar competition.
      beefheart still remains far ahead of his time, or ours.--- In
      theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "mechar0b02" <janzano@w...> wrote:
      > Arab on radar is just a huge beefheart tribute group. they do it in
      > their own sick way. but the beefheart love is there and layed on
      > THICK
      >

      > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, alterego100usa <no_reply@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > on chocolate synthesizer, track 13, beginning somewhere around
      3:39
      > (?)
      > > there is an intense polyrhythmic stomp that reeks resonantly (or
      > > resinously?) of captain beefheart. anyone else know of other
      > > examples? it's a rare band that can make a beefheart tribute
      work,
      > > but the boredoms here do.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic