1540Re: eYe's Voore gear

  • Tommy DOG
    Jul 1 9:16 PM
      a couple of things,

      1. Just for the sake of clarity, I assume these must be different "arches" since i do remember reading thta Eye was pretty
      serious about what kind of food he ate and McDonalds wouldn't fit the bill.

      2. I suspect Eye does change around gear and 12" records fairly often since the band doesn't perform much but he does DJ
      quite a bit.

      3. I was able to talk to Eye and give him and the roadie a bunch of one of my band's albums after they played the South
      Street Sea Port in NYC a few years back, which was a lot easier then getting one to Fred Frith who opened the show with
      Zorn & Laswell. My method turned into my signaling him that I was going to toss him one, then throwing too high and yelling
      "Fred DUCK!!!!" I don't know if he liked it but I do have the gratification of a dumb and funny story.

      TD

      PS at the same show a drunk women tossed her drink at Eye and splashed all over his table of gear and he looked pretty
      pissed off.

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "trip_fontayne"
      > <trip_fontayne@h...> wrote:
      > >
      > > ps: i'd love to fly to japan and ask him, i really should have
      > asked
      > > him when i passed him in the hallway of the Arches with his baby,
      > > but i couldnt really muster up anything that i would be happy
      > saying
      > > to him
      > > ---
      >
      > Wow,you saw Eye at McDonalds and you didn't even say hi?I wasn't
      > aware he had a child,did he marry along time ago?The Bore-quirer
      > needs to know.
      >
      > I guess I wouldn't know what to say either,I've had Tatsuya Yoshida
      > and Yamamoto walk past me at clubs,but all I could say
      > was"...hey.....".Next time I will ask Yoshimi to marry me.Or either
      > of the Melt Banana ladies.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic