Re: Essential Comics Library?

  • denver_dan60
    Message 1 of 1332 , Nov 2, 2000
      Dean,<br><br>Almost all texts about golden age
      comics are suspect about much of the material they
      contain, and Sternako is no exception. The major problem
      is one "scholar" passing along mistaken information
      as gospel to the next "scholar." In all fairness,
      Maurice Horn seems pretty good at research and
      confirmation or denial of things that just weren't so. With
      the internet, at least the possibility of ongoing
      corrections could exist. However, we're not exactly an
      organized bunch; the Good Guys and Gals of the Golden Age
      seem pretty serious about historical accuracy, as does
      Jess Nevins, but they're the exception. On the other
      hand, folks like Ron Goulart are soft on research, but
      damned readable; it's a trade off as to what you like
      best, but hopefully someone will come along who can
      both write well and be accurate.<br><br>Take
      care,<br>Jon
    • thecat13145
      Message 1332 of 1332 , Jun 15, 2012
        Hi

        I want to say that I found these stories by chances years ago. They were partly responsible for encouraging me to stick with marvel comics, and introduced me to the idea of the Invaders, so thank you for that. However, I was wondering if any of the Team X or Invaders stories were ever published, or if anyone knows anything more about them, as I would LOVE to read them. Please, if you know anything help me.
        Thank you
        thecat13145