All-New Invaders is coming from Marvel

  • xmscity1225
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 11 11:57 AM
    • xmscity1225
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 11 11:59 AM
      • xmscity1225
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 11 12:05 PM
          The stupid system did it again!! It added an additional "\" between "276" and "4537". WTF?!?

          Anyway, THIS should (hopefully) work:
          http://tinyurl.com/ndgguz4

          --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, "xmscity1225" <xmscity1225@...> wrote:

          http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/09/09/all-new-marvel-now-comic-books/2764537/

          (Try this again for the link to USA Today)

          --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, "xmscity1225" <xmscity1225@> wrote:

          Anybody planning on trying this out come January?

          http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/09/09/all-new-marvel-now-comic-books/2764537/

          http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=47788
        • michael dunne
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 11 7:45 PM
            no.
            I prefer the time locked Invaders and there are very few artists these days who compel me to buy a book let alone DC or Marvel.
            'sadly.... I might add
            regards
            Michael

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 12 10:35 AM
              Didn't they already try to do an Invaders series set in current time, and it failed miserably?

            • flash14221
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 12 4:11 PM
                Read a preview of this series and it does sound promising. Written by James Robinson ( Starman, The Golden Age ). Promises to feature AArkus (Vision), Golden Girl and the Destroyer.
                Story centers around a new Kree war with the Invaders invading the Kree home world.
                I'll give it a try.

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 12 4:25 PM
                  Sometimes timing is everything.

                  Didn't Hulk's first book (waaaaaaaay back in the early 1960s) last only six issues before being canned, and it took a few years before Marvel gave him his own solo title again?

                  Didn't Uncanny X-Men do mediocre when it was originally launched (becoming a reprint book for several years in the early 1970s), and it took until Giant-Size X-Men #1 to really start becoming popular again?

                  --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, nunya bizness <sfzapgun@...> wrote:

                  Didn't they already try to do an Invaders series set in current time, and it failed miserably?
                • nunya bizness
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 12 4:48 PM
                    True, of course.  But my point is that the Invaders just doesn't belong in a modern setting.
                  • edward love
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 12 6:31 PM
                      The last one was pretty much guaranteed to fail. It was launched in a book that was rapidly losing readers. The ongoing was not by the same writer or artist, neither of whom with extensive comic credits or fanbase so there's a big disconnect with the lead-in story and what the ongoing was like. If you liked the lead-in, the ongoing runs the risk of not keeping you. If you didn't like it, you're less likely to continue to even find out if the ongoing is any good or not, assuming it should be more of the same. The book itself was already a niche book and had a very different/experimental art style. They also could not use Namor NOR Steve Rogers/Captain America. And, it received no push or support from management after launched, it was sink or swim.

                      On those fronts, I will admit that Marvel is front-loading this one for success. Spin out of the Avengers that is at high popularity instead of circling the drain. James Robinson has a rep for golden-age heroes, freshly off Earth-2 and whose leaving DC provides a little bit of extra publicity for him to come Marvel to tackle/reinvision their golden-age characters and the art promo actually looks strong and good.

                      Personally, there's little from DC or Marvel that really interests me and I don't really care for Robinson's take revisions of golden-age characters. Now, I liked Starman for the most part, except when he used established characters, where they tended to all come off second rate next to his own Mary Sues.  Would rather see more "Leave it to Chance" from him.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 12 6:41 PM
                        Hi I have always wanted to see an Invaders title set in the present. The Invaders have always been a fave of mine. I will give it a chance and hope for the beast but I hope they use Toro as well as Cap, Bucky, Namor and the Torch .

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 12 10:35 PM
                          Hi Gordon good to see you are still among the living

                          Sent from my iPhone