Skip to search.

Fw: Well, J. Michael Straczynski finally...

  • Darci
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 28, 2012

      ----- Forwarded Message -----

      From: Carycomic@...
      To: loki@...
      Sent: 4/27/2012 11:04:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
      Subj: Well, J. Michael Straczynski finally...

      ...completed THE TWELVE. And, every single Golden Age character in it has had his or her origin completely revised. Some of them to the point of incomprehensibility! Like that of the Fiery Mask, for instance. Turns out he wasn't accidentally made pyrokinetic, by the Zombie Master's ray, after all.

      He was actually bequeathed it by _another_ pyrokinetic, who had apparently been fatally wounded in the process of overtaking a carload of mobsters he'd been chasing!

      Sincerely yours

      ---Carycomic.

    • Terry Hooper
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 28, 2012
        Like all the other characters Straczynski "loved" he had no idea. He's come up with a load of rushed crap to fulfill his contract.  Personally, I hope Marvel just told him "Finish or send back the cheque!"

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 28, 2012
          For me, the biggest "shock" of the series was when we found out that Straczynski actually KNEW that Dynamic Man was an android--there hadn't been a clue he knew up until the big reveal. The whole series felt like he just randomly picked some names from a list of second and third tier Golden Age Timely characters and made it all up from there. When I read the first issue, all I could think of was "An Android, a Robot, and a Dead Woman all go into Suspended Animation..." would be the first line of a pretty lame joke. Maybe it was...

          --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, Terry Hooper <hoopercomicsuk@...> wrote:

          > Like all the other characters Straczynski "loved" he had no idea. He's come up with a load of rushed crap to fulfill his contract.  Personally, I hope Marvel just told him "Finish or send back the cheque!"

        • Terry Hooper
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 28, 2012
            He obviously got his Dynamic Men confused. This was a random pick of characters that he knew little if anything about -and will they appear in the Marvel Universe? No. Not seen a mention of the other MU characters or any interaction.

            Just bilge.

            For me, the biggest "shock" of the series was when we found out that Straczynski actually KNEW that Dynamic Man was an android--there hadn't been a clue he knew up until the big reveal. The whole series felt like he just randomly picked some names from a list of second and third tier Golden Age Timely characters and made it all up from there. When I read the first issue, all I could think of was "An Android, a Robot, and a Dead Woman all go into Suspended Animation..." would be the first line of a pretty lame joke. Maybe it was...

            --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, Terry Hooper <hoopercomicsuk@...> wrote:

            > Like all the other characters Straczynski "loved" he had no idea. He's come up with a load of rushed crap to fulfill his contract.  Personally, I hope Marvel just told him "Finish or send back the cheque!"

          • MikelN
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 22, 2012
              --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <comicsnorth@...> wrote:

              > For me, the biggest "shock" of the series was when we found out that Straczynski actually KNEW that Dynamic Man was an android--there hadn't been a clue he knew up until the big reveal.

              Moreover, the 'shocking revelation' about the character had already been done by John Byrne in regards to the Vision.