With Twelve You Get Eggroll!

  • ripjagger
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 22, 2009
      Where is the next issue of The Twelve? It's the only Marvel series I
      get (or perhaps better I should say "used to get") and I've not seen a
      new issue in months and months and months and no new issue seems
      forthcoming.

      It's really annoying. Marvel won't miss my money much, but it's a shame
      that a fan of 40 years should find his last tango with a company so
      unsatisfying as this. Sheesh.

      With twelve you might get eggroll, but you sure don't get a new comic.

      Anyone know the story?

      Dean
    • michael dunne
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 22, 2009
        JMS = unfinished series.

        squadron supreme
        spiderman
        red circle brave and the bold series for DC, that never even got started despite promises from DC.
        regards
        Michael

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 22, 2009
          I read somewhere that JMS picked up a movie deal (scriptwriting) that put the mini on indefinite hold.

          Betty Dobson
          Backless, Strapless & Slit to the Throat: A Femme Fatale Anthology
          Available now from InkSpotter Publishing
          http://stores.lulu.com/inkspotter

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 22, 2009
            We were discussing this over at the Marvel_Comics_Universe group. It
            turns out Straczynski is very busy...

            --- In Marvel_Comics_Universe@yahoogroups.com, Ditkomania@... wrote:

            > JMS film projects in the works include "They Marched into the
            Sunlight"--to

            --- In Marvel_Comics_Universe@yahoogroups.com, Darci <darci386@...> wrote:

            > I'm curious, what's higher priority? The only thing I've heard
            lately about JMS is he's going to be writing The Brave and The Bold.

            --- In Marvel_Comics_Universe@yahoogroups.com, Mark Milton
            <King.Hyperion@...> wrote:

            > That is so absurd. All the hype, all the buildup then putting it on
            hiatus 5
            > issues short of a 12 issue run! It's almost as bad as the Ultimate
            Hulk v

            --- In Marvel_Comics_Universe@yahoogroups.com, Stand Alone Magazine
            <standalone.magazine@...> wrote:

            > Hey..I keep asking about it at my comic book shop here in St.Louis.
            They say the 25th. But they said the same thing last month. Let me
            know if you hear anything...

            --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, Betty Dobson

          • goldenagewebring@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 22, 2009
              Also, Rising Stars.

              Anyone heard a deffinative answer about the Twelve?

              - Kevin Garcia

              Sent from my iPhone

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 22, 2009
                forgot about that one.... he is consistant.
                michael

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 23, 2009
                    Thanks for the info folks. I guess I'll just file mine away and await
                    further word from on high. Sheesh. Farewell Marvel...for now.

                    --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, "darci386" <darci386@...>
                    wrote:

> [...]
                    > >

                    > > It is on hiatus because of both of the creators being involved in
                    > projects
                    > > that have priority but it WILL be completed at some point...
                    > > Bill
                    > >

                    > --- In Marvel_Comics_Universe@yahoogroups.com, Mark Milton
                    > <King.Hyperion@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > It seemed to finally be picking up speed and then it went
                    completely
                    > off the
                    > > radar. Has anyone heard anything about its future?
                    > >

                    > --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, Betty Dobson
                    > <inkspotter1@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I read somewhere that JMS picked up a movie deal (scriptwriting)
                    > that put the mini on indefinite hold.
                    > >

                    > > �Betty Dobson
                    > > Backless, Strapless & Slit to the Throat: A Femme Fatale Anthology
                    > > Available now from InkSpotter Publishing

                  • Terry Hooper
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 23, 2009
                      Hey,he was 'committed' because these were the characters [again] that he had 'always' wanted to work on. Who cares now?