(Semi OT) Marvel Silver and Gold Role Playing Group...

  • jfglade
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 4 9:26 PM
      I'm abusing my moderator status to plug an Role Playing Group, but
      the plug is only semi-off topic. Marvel: Silver and Gold has just
      recently started up and features the silver, golden, and atomic age
      adventures of various characters from the Timely/Atlas/Marvel group
      of comics. Concurrent storylines will take place, set in different
      years of different eras, and any character who has had at least one
      published adventure prior to the date on any particular storyline is
      considered an eligible character for that storyline. Since storylines
      can be set anywhere from late 1939 to the beginnings of 1990, some of
      the storylines are bound to include Timely characters sooner or later
      (at the moment, the only two storylines are set in the summer of 1985
      and around halloween of 1964; no Timely characters (other than
      Captain America and Namor, both of whom bridge all three eras) have
      appeared yet, although the Atlas characters Marvel Boy (who will
      probably operate under a different name) and the Human Robot (both
      recently featured in the 'Agents of Atlas' mini-series) have just
      been approved for the storyline set in 1964.

      I'm certain a storyline set in the early fourties will come along
      sooner or later, probably sooner. Naturally, we're looking for new
      players, preferably ones who do know something about the Timely
      characters, but also ones who fondly remember when Iron Man, Giant-
      Man, Sub-Mariner, and Captain America appeared in titles like 'Tales
      of Suspense', 'Tales to Astonish' and so on. Besides role playing,
      the group occassionally posts scans of one golden age character or
      another to the files section, for the purposes of research.

      I'm not going to bother to try a hard sell, because any prospective
      members are either interested or they aren't. Anyone is welcomed to
      join the group, but moderation on posting abilities won't be lifted
      until new members have posted at least one message. Lurkers are
      welcomed, and are even allowed to kibitz the storylines, if they
      don't post too many times a day.

      If anyone is interested, the URL is:

      Thank you for your consideration,
      Jon
    • mr_sam_hall
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 10 10:45 AM
        Sounds like a fun group and I would probably join if I had more time
        but I can't play in rpgs very often so I would hate to join up and
        then wind up slowing things down. I know there were a bunch of timely
        characters who have never shown up in marvel comics and it would
        probably be fun to play one of them like the Challenger but I don't
        know much about him but what I have read at the golden age timely
        characters website. If I get more free time I will join up but I am
        not counting on it.
        -Sam
        --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, jfglade <no_reply@...>
        wrote:

        > I'm abusing my moderator status to plug an Role Playing Group, but
        > the plug is only semi-off topic. Marvel: Silver and Gold has just
        > recently started up and features the silver, golden, and atomic age
        > adventures of various characters from the Timely/Atlas/Marvel group
        > of comics. Concurrent storylines will take place, set in different
        > years of different eras, and any character who has had at least one
        > published adventure prior to the date on any particular storyline
        is
        > considered an eligible character for that storyline. Since
        storylines
        > can be set anywhere from late 1939 to the beginnings of 1990, some
        of
        > the storylines are bound to include Timely characters sooner or
        later
        > (at the moment, the only two storylines are set in the summer of
        1985
        > and around halloween of 1964; no Timely characters (other than
        > Captain America and Namor, both of whom bridge all three eras) have
        > appeared yet, although the Atlas characters Marvel Boy (who will
        > probably operate under a different name) and the Human Robot (both
        > recently featured in the 'Agents of Atlas' mini-series) have just
        > been approved for the storyline set in 1964.
        >
        > I'm certain a storyline set in the early fourties will come along
        > sooner or later, probably sooner. Naturally, we're looking for new
        > players, preferably ones who do know something about the Timely
        > characters, but also ones who fondly remember when Iron Man, Giant-
        > Man, Sub-Mariner, and Captain America appeared in titles
        like 'Tales
        > of Suspense', 'Tales to Astonish' and so on. Besides role playing,
        > the group occassionally posts scans of one golden age character or
        > another to the files section, for the purposes of research.
        >
        > I'm not going to bother to try a hard sell, because any prospective
        > members are either interested or they aren't. Anyone is welcomed to
        > join the group, but moderation on posting abilities won't be lifted
        > until new members have posted at least one message. Lurkers are
        > welcomed, and are even allowed to kibitz the storylines, if they
        > don't post too many times a day.
        >
        > If anyone is interested, the URL is:

        > Thank you for your consideration,
        > Jon

      • David McMahon
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 10 1:05 PM
          even if you don't play, you might want to join as we usually post a
          story or two of each character who is being played.

          mr_sam_hall wrote:

> [...]
          > > sooner or later, probably sooner. Naturally, we're looking for new
          > > players, preferably ones who do know something about the Timely
          > > characters, but also ones who fondly remember when Iron Man, Giant-
          > > Man, Sub-Mariner, and Captain America appeared in titles
          > like 'Tales
          > > of Suspense', 'Tales to Astonish' and so on. Besides role playing,
          > > the group occassionally posts scans of one golden age character or
          > > another to the files section, for the purposes of research.
          > >
          > > I'm not going to bother to try a hard sell, because any prospective
          > > members are either interested or they aren't. Anyone is welcomed to
          > > join the group, but moderation on posting abilities won't be lifted
          > > until new members have posted at least one message. Lurkers are
          > > welcomed, and are even allowed to kibitz the storylines, if they

        • jfglade
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 11 9:33 AM
            You'll know as much about the Challenger as I do, after you read his
            origin story (which doesn't give his real name), Sam. Scans of 'Daring
            Mystery Comics' #7 have been floating around for a few weeks now, and
            it sounds like you haven't seen them. I've posted the Challenger origin
            story, and two other origins stories to the files section here; the Fin
            and the Blue Diamond also have folders in the files section containing
            their origins. The scans were made from microfisch materials, and the
            Challenger story has a few places where the artwork doesn't come across
            as well as it could (the Challengers dark costume blurs into dark
            backgrounds) but the storyline itself is perfectly understandable.

            I intend to post the Thunderer story at the Marvel: Silver and Gold rpg
            site, and I'm not sure what I'll do with the Silver Scorpion origin
            story, which is short and simple; I doubt I'll post the Mr. Millions
            story or the Captain Daring story anywhere, and I'm sure Yoc already
            has scans of the entire issue, so he won't need the ads from the book.

            Take care,
            Jon--- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, "mr_sam_hall"
            <mr_sam_hall@...> wrote:

            > Sounds like a fun group and I would probably join if I had more time
            > but I can't play in rpgs very often so I would hate to join up and
            > then wind up slowing things down. I know there were a bunch of timely
            > characters who have never shown up in marvel comics and it would
            > probably be fun to play one of them like the Challenger but I don't
            > know much about him but what I have read at the golden age timely
            > characters website. If I get more free time I will join up but I am
            > not counting on it.
            > -Sam
          • Reuben Reuben
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 11 12:33 PM
              Jon: You can always post the Silver Scorpion story at the top secret origins group.  I know I'd like to see that story, and I'm sure that group memebers would appreciate another origin story there.

              <mr_sam_hall@ ...> wrote:

              > Sounds like a fun group and I would probably join if I had more time
              > but I can't play in rpgs very often so I would hate to join up and
              > then wind up slowing things down. I know there were a bunch of timely
              > characters who have never shown up in marvel comics and it would
              > probably be fun to play one of them like the Challenger but I don't
              > know much about him but what I have read at the golden age timely
              > characters website. If I get more free time I will join up but I am
              > not counting on it.
              > -Sam

            • Comandergood
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 11 12:58 PM
                Thanks for the scans. :)

                <mr_sam_hall@ ...> wrote:

                > Sounds like a fun group and I would probably join if I had more time
                > but I can't play in rpgs very often so I would hate to join up and
                > then wind up slowing things down. I know there were a bunch of timely
                > characters who have never shown up in marvel comics and it would
                > probably be fun to play one of them like the Challenger but I don't
                > know much about him but what I have read at the golden age timely
                > characters website. If I get more free time I will join up but I am
                > not counting on it.
                > -Sam

                "In this life you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant, I prefer pleasant."-Elwood P. Dowd with his friend Harvey

                Building a website is a piece of cake.

              • jfglade
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 11 4:43 PM
                  Last time I looked, there was no room at the inn at the Top Secret
                  Origins group, John; the files section there was at 99% used, and I
                  don't think even a five page story would fit there. I just went ahead
                  and posted the Silver Scorpion origin story to the files here. Sadly,
                  the Silver Scorpion logo is nearly impossible to see at the top of
                  the splashpanel on the opening page, but all the other text is
                  readable.

                  Chances are good the scans will find their way over to the Four Color
                  Females groups, and once there is some available space at Top Secret
                  Origins, I'll post all the origin stories from Daring Mystery #7 over
                  there, since it's hard to say how much spillover there is from this
                  group to the other one.

                  The Thunderer story is also up now, at the Marvel: Silver and Gold
                  rpg group:

                  htt://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marvel_Silver_and_Gold

                  -- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, Reuben Reuben
                  <redrubeheyrube@...> wrote:

                  Jon: You can always post the Silver Scorpion story at the top secret
                  origins group. I know I'd like to see that story, and I'm sure that
                  group memebers would appreciate another origin story there.

                  > jfglade <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  You'll know as much about the Challenger as I do, after you read his
                  origin story (which doesn't give his real name), Sam. Scans
                  of 'Daring Mystery Comics' #7 have been floating around for a few
                  weeks now, and it sounds like you haven't seen them. I've posted the
                  Challenger origin story, and two other origins stories to the files
                  section here; the Fin and the Blue Diamond also have folders in the
                  files section containing their origins. The scans were made from
                  microfisch materials, and the Challenger story has a few places where
                  the artwork doesn't come across as well as it could (the Challengers
                  dark costume blurs into dark backgrounds) but the storyline itself is
                  perfectly understandable.

                  I intend to post the Thunderer story at the Marvel: Silver and Gold
                  rpg group, and I'm not sure what I'll do with the Silver Scorpion
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 12 4:10 AM
                    Thanks, Jon.  I've never seen a Silver Scorpion story before.  Seeing the origin was an added bonus.

                    <redrubeheyrube@ ...> wrote:

                    Jon: You can always post the Silver Scorpion story at the top secret
                    origins group. I know I'd like to see that story, and I'm sure that
                    group memebers would appreciate another origin story there.

                    > jfglade <no_reply@yahoogroup s.com> wrote:

                    You'll know as much about the Challenger as I do, after you read his
                    origin story (which doesn't give his real name), Sam. Scans
                    of 'Daring Mystery Comics' #7 have been floating around for a few
                    weeks now, and it sounds like you haven't seen them. I've posted the
                    Challenger origin story, and two other origins stories to the files
                    section here; the Fin and the Blue Diamond also have folders in the
                    files section containing their origins. The scans were made from
                    microfisch materials, and the Challenger story has a few places where
                    the artwork doesn't come across as well as it could (the Challengers
                    dark costume blurs into dark backgrounds) but the storyline itself is
                    perfectly understandable.

                    I intend to post the Thunderer story at the Marvel: Silver and Gold
                    rpg group, and I'm not sure what I'll do with the Silver Scorpion
                    origin story, which is short and simple; I doubt I'll post the Mr.
                    Millions story or the Captain Daring story anywhere, and I'm sure Yoc
                    already has scans of the entire issue, so he won't need the ads from
                    the book.

                  • darci386
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 12 5:18 AM
                      Jon,
                      Thanks from me also. I'd seen one or two pages of the Silver
                      Scorpion's origin story reproduced in books, but never the whole story.
                      Darci
                      P.S. I see that Loki doesn't have a synopsis of Daring Mystery #8 on
                      his http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/silverscorpion.htm
                      I wonder if there might be one here?

                      <redrubeheyrube@...> wrote:

                      > Thanks, Jon. I've never seen a Silver Scorpion story before.
                      Seeing the origin was an added bonus.

                      > jfglade <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Last time I
                      > looked, there was no room at the inn at the Top Secret Origins
                      > group, John; the files section there was at 99% used, and I don't
                      > think even a five page story would fit there. I just went ahead
                      > and posted the Silver Scorpion origin story to the files here.
                      > Sadly, the Silver Scorpion logo is nearly impossible to see at the
                      > top of the splash panel on the opening page, but all the other text
                      > is readable.
                      >
                      > Chances are good the scans will find their way over to the Four
                      > Color Females groups, and once there is some available space at Top
                      > Secret Origins, I'll post all the origin stories from Daring Mystery
                      > #7 over there, since it's hard to say how much spillover there is
                      > from this group to the other one.
                      >
                      > The Thunderer story is also up now, at the Marvel: Silver and Gold
                      > rpg group:
                      >
                      > htt://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marvel_Silver_and_Gold
                      >
                      > -- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, Reuben Reuben
                      > <redrubeheyrube@> wrote:
                      >
                      > Jon: You can always post the Silver Scorpion story at the top secret
                      > origins group. I know I'd like to see that story, and I'm sure that
                      > group members would appreciate another origin story there.
                      > >
                      > > jfglade <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                      >
                      > You'll know as much about the Challenger as I do, after you read his
                      > origin story (which doesn't give his real name), Sam. Scans
                      > of 'Daring Mystery Comics' #7 have been floating around for a few
                      > weeks now, and it sounds like you haven't seen them. I've posted the
                      > Challenger origin story, and two other origins stories to the files
                      > section here; the Fin and the Blue Diamond also have folders in the
                      > files section containing their origins. The scans were made from
                      > microfiche materials, and the Challenger story has a few places
                      > where the artwork doesn't come across as well as it could (the
                      > Challenger's dark costume blurs into dark backgrounds) but the
                      > storyline itself is perfectly understandable.
                      >
                      > I intend to post the Thunderer story at the Marvel: Silver and Gold
                      > rpg group, and I'm not sure what I'll do with the Silver Scorpion
                      > origin story, which is short and simple; I doubt I'll post the Mr.
                      > Millions story or the Captain Daring story anywhere, and I'm sure
                      > Yoc already has scans of the entire issue, so he won't need the ads
                      > from the book.
                    • jfglade
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 12 6:21 PM
                        --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, "darci386" <darci386@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Jon,
                        > Thanks from me also. I'd seen one or two pages of the Silver
                        > Scorpion's origin story reproduced in books, but never the whole
                        story.
                        > Darci
                        > P.S. I see that Loki doesn't have a synopsis of Daring Mystery #8 on
                        > his http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/silverscorpion.htm
                        > I wonder if there might be one here?

                        Explain what you mean by "here," Darci. I don't follow what you mean.
                        The origin story is from Daring Mystery #7; I've never seen the Silver
                        Scorpion story from Daring Mystery #8.

                        Confused,
                        Jon
                      • mr_sam_hall
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 13 4:18 PM
                          I joined so I could read the Thunderer story and I might get around
                          to playing if I can figure out how to get some time to do it. I'm
                          glad I asked now because Jon posted some good stories I might not
                          have got to see if I hadn't asked bout Challenger.
                          -Sam
                          --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, David McMahon
                          <dmcmahon@...> wrote:

> [...]
                          > > > characters, but also ones who fondly remember when Iron Man,
                          Giant-
                          > > > Man, Sub-Mariner, and Captain America appeared in titles
                          > > like 'Tales
                          > > > of Suspense', 'Tales to Astonish' and so on. Besides role
                          playing,
                          > > > the group occassionally posts scans of one golden age character
                          or
                          > > > another to the files section, for the purposes of research.
                          > > >
                          > > > I'm not going to bother to try a hard sell, because any
                          prospective
                          > > > members are either interested or they aren't. Anyone is
                          welcomed to
                          > > > join the group, but moderation on posting abilities won't be
                          lifted
                          > > > until new members have posted at least one message. Lurkers are
                          > > > welcomed, and are even allowed to kibitz the storylines, if they

                        • ripjagger
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 16 5:44 AM
                            Outstanding! Love these new scans. Thanks for the taking the time to
                            upload these stories here. I look forward to giving them a detailed
                            reading.

                            Dean :)
                          • Breen Kevin
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jun 16 5:18 PM
                              Loved the DARING stuff too, but can you tell me what book the Vision story is from?

                              ~Kevin

                              ripjagger <ripjagger@...> wrote:
                              Outstanding! Love these new scans. Thanks for the taking the time to
                              upload these stories here. I look forward to giving them a detailed
                              reading.

                              Dean :)

                              "What's amazing is when you can feel your life going somewhere. Like, your life just figured out how to get good. Like, that second." ~Angela Chase MSCL
                              "What appears to be coming at you may be coming from you." ~Meatball Fulton
                              "Stories are signposts to help the world choose between the darkness and the light." ~Arago
                              "People who don't care about anything will never understand people who do." ~Angel

                              Finding fabulous fares is fun.

                            • jfglade
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 17 1:24 PM
                                I'm not sure what issue of 'Marvel Mystery Comics' that story is
                                from, Kevin. I picked the scans up several years ago from Don Rich
                                (a.k.a. Spaceranger3000) before he started having enough difficulties
                                with his Yahoo ID to get disgusted and leave the Yahoo ghetto. Don
                                never did indicate which issue he had obtain from some E-Bay trading
                                but the same issue also included a Patrior story that had the
                                title 'The Epicure of Crime'. I don't know if that would help you
                                figure out which issue it was from GCD or not. Beyond that, I can't
                                provide any clues.

                                Sorry,
                                Jon

                                --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, Breen Kevin <moonled@...>
                                wrote:

                                > Loved the DARING stuff too, but can you tell me what book the
                                Vision story is from?

                                > ~Kevin
                              • nigel cantwell
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jun 17 1:50 PM
                                  I think you will find this story comes from Marvel
                                  Mystery Comics_015 Jan 1941.

                                  -Nigel

                                  --- jfglade <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                  > I'm not sure what issue of 'Marvel Mystery Comics'
                                  > that story is
                                  > from, Kevin. I picked the scans up several years ago
                                  > from Don Rich
                                  > (a.k.a. Spaceranger3000) before he started having
                                  > enough difficulties
                                  > with his Yahoo ID to get disgusted and leave the
                                  > Yahoo ghetto. Don
                                  > never did indicate which issue he had obtain from
                                  > some E-Bay trading
                                  > but the same issue also included a Patrior story
                                  > that had the
                                  > title 'The Epicure of Crime'. I don't know if that
                                  > would help you
                                  > figure out which issue it was from GCD or not.
                                  > Beyond that, I can't
                                  > provide any clues.
                                  >
                                  > Sorry,
                                  > Jon
                                  >
                                  > --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, Breen
                                  > Kevin <moonled@...>
                                  > wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Loved the DARING stuff too, but can you tell me
                                  > what book the
                                  > Vision story is from?
                                  > >
                                  > > ~Kevin

                                  http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/
                                • Greg
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jun 17 4:11 PM
                                    >I'm not sure what issue of 'Marvel Mystery Comics' that story is
                                    >from, Kevin. I picked the scans up several years ago from Don Rich
                                    >(a.k.a. Spaceranger3000) before he started having enough difficulties
                                    >with his Yahoo ID to get disgusted and leave the Yahoo ghetto. Don
                                    >never did indicate which issue he had obtain from some E-Bay trading
                                    >but the same issue also included a Patrior story that had the
                                    >title 'The Epicure of Crime'. I don't know if that would help you
                                    >figure out which issue it was from GCD or not. Beyond that, I can't
                                    >provide any clues.
                                    >
                                    >Sorry,
                                    >Jon

                                    Jon,
                                    MARVEL MYSTERY #15.
                                    GT
                                    Pure Imagination
                                  • Greg
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jun 18 5:00 AM
                                      Re: [The All Winners Squad] Re: Daring Mystery Comics #7 S
                                      Loved the DARING stuff too, but can you tell me what book the Vision story is from?

                                      ~Kevin
                                      Kev,
                                              MARVEL MYSTERY #15
                                      Greg Theakston
                                      Pure Imagination Publishing
                                      P.S. I'm working on MARVEL MYSTERY #11 for Marvel, at the moment. Real cool Everett.
                                    • Betty Dobson
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jun 18 1:03 PM
                                        If anyone wants to read Marvel Mystery Comics #15 in its entirety, it and other classics are on my file sharing site at http://savefile.com/projects/808477021

                                        Betty Dobson
                                        InkSpotter Publishing
                                        http://inkspotter.com
                                      • jfglade
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jun 19 4:57 PM
                                          Thanks, Nigel. Don had led me to believe that the scans were from the
                                          same issue as the Patriot story, and the Patriot didn't start
                                          appearing in 'Marvel Mystery' until the issues in the early twenties,
                                          or so. I didn't think to check GCD to see if they had enough
                                          information to identify the story as being from an earlier issue. If
                                          I remember correctly, the Vision first appeared in 'Marvel Mystery'
                                          #13, so the Vision story in the files section would be his third
                                          appearance; I thought it was quite a bit later.

                                          I'll have to see if I still have the Patriot story, which is fairly
                                          short, and see if anyone can identify what issue it is from.

                                          --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, nigel cantwell
                                          <phabox@...> wrote:

                                          > I think you will find this story comes from Marvel
                                          > Mystery Comics_015 Jan 1941.
                                          >
                                          > -Nigel
                                          >

                                          > --- jfglade <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                                          >
                                          > > I'm not sure what issue of 'Marvel Mystery Comics'
                                          > > that story is
                                          > > from, Kevin. I picked the scans up several years ago
                                          > > from Don Rich
                                          > > (a.k.a. Spaceranger3000) before he started having
                                          > > enough difficulties
                                          > > with his Yahoo ID to get disgusted and leave the
                                          > > Yahoo ghetto. Don
                                          > > never did indicate which issue he had obtain from
                                          > > some E-Bay trading
                                          > > but the same issue also included a Patrior story
                                          > > that had the
                                          > > title 'The Epicure of Crime'. I don't know if that
                                          > > would help you
                                          > > figure out which issue it was from GCD or not.
                                          > > Beyond that, I can't
                                          > > provide any clues.
                                          > >
                                          > > Sorry,
                                          > > Jon
                                          > >
                                          > > --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, Breen
                                          > > Kevin <moonled@>
                                          > > wrote:
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Loved the DARING stuff too, but can you tell me
                                          > > what book the
                                          > > Vision story is from?
                                          > > >
                                          > > > ~Kevin

                                          ______________
                                          vehicles. Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jun 19 11:25 PM
                                            That Patriot story would have been from Marvel Mystery
                                            # 62 and if you could dig it out I for one would enjoy
                                            seeing it.

                                            -Nigel

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Jun 25 11:49 AM
                                              <phabox@...> wrote:

                                              > That Patriot story would have been from Marvel Mystery
                                              > # 62 and if you could dig it out I for one would enjoy
                                              > seeing it.
                                              >
                                              > -Nigel

                                              I finally found it, Nigel, and it appears to be from 'Marvel Mystery
                                              Comics' #62, but the title on the story is 'The Case of the Million
                                              Dollar Loot' instead of the one I associated with it, 'The Epicure of
                                              Crime.' GCD is being tempermental at the moment, and I can't see what
                                              title they have listed.

                                              This is likely the last story I will ever post to the files here. My
                                              memory is apparently failing, and I'm tired of having people I don't
                                              know point out my mistakes to me. Therefore, I think I'll just become
                                              a lurker. If I didn't have such respect for you, I wouldn't have
                                              bothered to search for this story.

                                              Take care,
                                              Jon
                                            • nigel cantwell
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Jun 25 1:02 PM
                                                Sorry to hear you are feeling down Jon but I know how you feel as there has been a lot of c***  coming from some people in the last few months.

                                                in fairness its only a few that cause the grief and sometimes stepping out only gives them the victory they want.

                                                I think generally the Yahoo crowd are a decent bunch.

                                                Thanks anyway for sorting out that Patriot story, Marvel Mystery_062 ties in with that 'epicure of crime'  story title you gave but i'm unsure about ' the case of the million dollar loot' but will check it on GCD myself when I get a chance.

                                                Best wishes, i'll be in touch again.

                                                -Nigel

                                                <phabox@...> wrote:

                                                > That Patriot story would have been from Marvel Mystery
                                                > # 62 and if you could dig it out I for one would enjoy
                                                > seeing it.
                                                >
                                                > -Nigel

                                                I finally found it, Nigel, and it appears to be from 'Marvel Mystery
                                                Comics' #62, but the title on the story is 'The Case of the Million
                                                Dollar Loot' instead of the one I associated with it, 'The Epicure of
                                                Crime.' GCD is being tempermental at the moment, and I can't see what
                                                title they have listed.

                                                This is likely the last story I will ever post to the files here. My
                                                memory is apparently failing, and I'm tired of having people I don't
                                                know point out my mistakes to me. Therefore, I think I'll just become
                                                a lurker. If I didn't have such respect for you, I wouldn't have
                                                bothered to search for this story.

                                                Take care,
                                                Jon

                                                Bored stiff? Loosen up...

                                              • darci386
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Jun 25 2:14 PM
                                                  Jon,
                                                  Please don't let this get to you. If there's a mistake, it's easy
                                                  enough to correct in a follow-up. If it's not a mistake, it's
                                                  probably better that the misconception is corrected on all sides. We
                                                  look forward to your participation (at least, I know I do).
                                                  Darci