Giant-Size Invaders #2 Out November 30th!

  • Dean
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2005
      A new Roy Thomas Invaders story is coming out. Most here likely know
      this, but just in case here's a solicit from Newsarama with the
      details:

      "The Band is Back Together in Giant-Size Invaders #2

      The team that turned the tide back in World War II are back again in
      an all-new 16 page tale by legendary writer Roy Thomas in Giant-Size
      Invaders #2. In an untold tale set during the forties Captain
      America, the Sub-Mariner, and the Human Torch are the Invaders once
      again in this special tale.

      This Giant-Sized issue not only features a new story by the Thomas,
      but a slew of classic Invader stories. Giant-Size Invaders #2
      collects Invaders #1-2 from 1975 where the greatest heroes in the
      world, the Invaders, came together to battle the Axis powers with
      the fate of the entire world on the line. For completists, these two
      issues were originally meant to share the pages of Giant Size
      Invaders #2 back in 1975, but a last minute Marvel change, turned
      them into the single sized issues.

      And there is still more in this jam-packed issue as the three
      staples of the Invaders get their own stand-alone stories herein.
      Witness the Sub-Mariner tussle with the Torpedo Boat Terror from All-
      Winners Comics #1. Catch the Human Torch as he gets caught in the
      Carnival of Death from All-Winners Comics #2 and see Captain America
      crack the case of the Malay Idol from that same issue.

      GIANT-SIZE INVADERS #2 (SEP051937)
      Written by ROY THOMAS, BILL EVERETT, CARL BURGOS, JOE SIMON & JACK
      KIRBY
      Penciled by JAY ANACLETO, FRANK ROBBINS, BILL EVERETT,
      CARL BURGOS, JOE SIMON & JACK KIRBY
      Cover by JAY ANACLETO
      96 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$4.99
      FOC – 11/10, On Sale 11/30"

      Enjoy!

      Dean
    • jfglade
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 9, 2005
        Thanks for the tip, Dean. I knew about the reprints, including the
        golden age solo stories, but somehow I had missed the news about a
        new 16 page story. The package already sounded great, but a new
        Invaders story would just be the cherry on top.

        Take care,
        Jon

        --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, "Dean" <ripjagger@y...>