Invaders

  • Bryan J. Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      Has anyone seen the latest Invaders comics that Marvel has put out?
      I have honestly picked up the Avengers story line that brought the
      team back into marvel stories and even issues 0-3. My major issue
      is that I am not sure who these characters are anymore and would
      like to know more about them and their backgrounds. Can anyone
      point me where I might find the answers?

      Thanks
    • Brian
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2004
        Hey Bryan,

        I can't say I'm the authority on this, but will try my best to
        short form answers. Apologies to the group if these reponses etc.
        have been answered before.

        I've actually started picking up on the Invaders again with the
        new series. At this stage, I'm only vaguley interested in where the
        new series is going, I still prefer the 1970's Invaders myself.

        New Invaders:

        US Agent - In the 90s he was basically another Cap A but more brutal
        in his approach. Cap A (Steve Rogers) was still around at that time
        goin gunder the guise of "The Captain" till he came back for his
        role from John Walker who at the time was being played with by the
        Red Skull (sound familar?)after seeig what Walker was doing with the
        Cap image. He also had his own 2 mini-series for a while and hung
        out with the West Coast Avengers for a bit.

        Thin Man - The original All-Winners squad member. An interesting
        link of him and killing the original Agent Axis can be found in
        MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #34 (1989). It ties in with his discussions
        with Cap in the Avengers storyline about their last meeting and his
        chat with the pterorrist (Agnet Axis reborn???) in #3 of the New
        Invaders

        Namor - Well there's alot on Namor, so I'm not even going to try and
        attempt it.

        Human Torch/Jim Hammond - Pappy ain't the same. He lost his power in
        a storyline with Namor (NAMOR, THE SUB-MARINER #10-12) and the
        return of Master Man and Warrior Woman, gives another blood
        transfusion to Spitfire which causes him to flame out. Story ends
        with the world announcement that he is dead. But spends time running
        Namor's Oracle Inc. company and then leads the V-Battalion (Citizen
        V and the V Battalion- Vol 2 #4) from Roger (the Destroyer). Now has
        joined the New Invaders. Oh yeah and apparently the Vision
        (Avengers) and him are not one in the same but brothers or something
        along those lines....

        Tara - A female android version of Toro. Don't know much on her yet.
        Miss Toro thought...be nice ot have him come back from the dead
        somehow.

        Flaming Skull - Appeared in the Invaders mini-series (1993) as an
        Invader. Althought his older than that series or the original 1970s
        Invaders. Can't say I can fill in the blanks on him either.

        Union Jack - The third man to done the uniform. I'm told he appears
        at the end of the Union Jack (1998) mini-series.

        Spitfire - The original. See NAMOR, THE SUB-MARINER #10-12. Jim
        Hammond (Original torch)gave Lady Falsworth another blood
        transfussion (hmm repetitive story again)and her age was revered to
        becomming a teenager again. She's also seen in the Union Jack min-
        series.

        Fin - Not sure about him much either. I was told once about a golden
        age character called Captain Fin. Not sure if there is a connection.

        U-Man's daughter- Um yeah I can't think of her name at this stage.
        But we do get revealled that she is a product of U-Man and a surface
        dweller and U-Man doesn't seem to want to talk about it. Go
        figure.... (memories of Namor?)

        Villains:

        Pterrorists - Agent Axis?!? clones?!?

        Warrior Woman - original? Possibly she didn't exactly die in the
        Namor series it seems.

        Teutonic Knight? - Assumption, I'm not sure if that is him in the
        New Invaders that decapitated the Blazing Skull.

        Baronness Blood - See the Union Jack min-series. It's all about her.
        But apparently she was pregnant in the end with Spitfire's son's
        child. Complicated no?

        Merrano (U-man) - The original. He's been around for quite a while,
        see Namor.

        I say original in some of these villains because I get the
        feeling that they may all be LMDs (Life Model Decoys).

        Mmmmm and that's a brief overview of what I know. If anyone can
        fill in the blanks, that be great.

        Brian

        --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan J. Williams"