Baron Blood appears in Mortigan Goth#2 set in 1940-nobody noticed that someone d

  • docsavage80
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2003
      Marvel UK had a series called Mortigan Goth which came out in the early 1990's. Anyway, this series involved an immortal man named Mortigan Goth who knew the Falsworth family. Well, in one issue, a woman staying with the Falsworths in 1940 (Katherine Ainsley Jones) is murdered and vampirized by Baron Blood (then masquerading as John Falsworth, Jr. and visiting Falsworth manor).

      This took pace in 1940....so it happened two years before Baron Blood's Invaders appearances took place. Well, it seems odd to me that nobody caught on that John Falsworth, Jr. was Baron Blood in 1940! Think about it....."Hmmm...somebody died of a vampire bite while John Falsworth, Jr. was visiting....what an odd coincidence!". Baron Blood really needlessly risked his dual identity with this little attack....

      Also, this issue (#2) shows that both Baron Blood and Jacqueline Falsworth knew that Mortigan Goth was immortal as early as 1940...again, two years before their Invaders appearance. While Baron Blood, obviously as a vampire, already knew about the supernatural, Jacqueline knowing was quite interesting...after all, near as I can tell, there were few (if any) publicly active superhumans before the Human Torch and Namor in 1939. (Everyone in The Freedom's Five had no superhuman powers.)
    • jfglade
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2003
        Certainly few in the States would have had a chance to notice a gaffe
        in a Marvel UK series. I'm sure there are a few subscribers to the
        various Marvel UK books, and probably a few comics shops carry the
        titles, but by and large I doubt few in the States saw the book. I've
        never heard of the series, but about the only original Marvel UK
        material I've been lucky enough to have seen were the odd Captain
        Britain reprint here and there and the three-page Incredible Hulk
        stories from the last few issues of 'Marvel Triple Action', which
        were used as filler. Sorry if I can't get upset about what seems
        fairly important to you, but I'm fairly Americentric about Marvel
        material and I haven't bought much of the domestic stuff in years,
        save the Avengers title.

        So it goes,
        Jon

        --- In theallwinnerssquad@yahoogroups.com, "docsavage80"