RE: [The All Winners Squad] Re: All Winners #21

  • Richard Porter
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
      Hi

      Between the break-up of the All-Winners Squad in 1949 and the appearance of
      Captain America (IV) and Bucky (III) in the 1950's the following had
      happened:

      Bucky (II) - Fred Davis
      -----------------------

      Bucky (II) was shot in 1949 and retired from the whole super-hero gig. He
      was replaced by Golden Girl (II). Sometime before the appearance of a new
      Cap and Bucky, Fred joined the V-Battalion and remained with them ever
      since.

      Captain America (III) - Jeff Mace
      ---------------------------------

      Captain America (III) continued fighting along side Golden Girl (II) for a
      few months, but he too retired from the whole super-hero gig in 1950.
      Goodness only knows what happened to him - think he returned to his former
      life as a reporter, but I'd have to check that out.

      NOW THE REAL QUESTION IS THIS...

      How could any super-hero who knew all the honourable Caps and Buckys let the
      deranged 1950's versions get away with what they did???

      Rich
      (AKA CommercialInn)

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2003
        Sounds good, let me know when it's done. I'd certainly like to purchase a
        set.

        Rich
        (AKA CommercialInn)