The All-Losers Squad?

  • sonofvulcan
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      Assume the All-Winners Squad had been lucky enough to last a few more
      issues. Eventually they would have confronted a collection of
      villains who would constitute evil counterparts to the individual
      heroes of the team. The Justice Society had the Injustice Gang, the
      Avengers had the Masters of Evil, the X-Men had the Brotherhood of
      Evil, the Fantastic Four had the Frightful Four, etc. What individual
      bad guys/gals might be candidates for a proposed "All-Losers Squad"?

      Dean
    • jfglade
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2002
        Dean,

        I'm not sure the All-Winners would have encountered their polar
        opposites. I guess you could say that the Red Skull is the opposite
        of Captain America, but he isn't exactly an evil counter-part. Namor
        faced some rogue Atlanteans (particularly his cousin Byrrah), but no
        one who was an underwater character who had the exact same range of
        poweres. As far as I know, the Torch never faced anyone with his
        powers or even their inverse (like Jack Frost, for example). I know
        the old axiom about every hero eventually meeting a villain who had
        the same powers, but Timely seems to have been the exception. I think
        the closest we would have come would be a villain team who included
        Red Skull, Asbestos Lady, Byrrah (or another Atlantean), a Torch foe
        (like the Parrot, for example), and perhaps a female character (Lady
        Death, for example). Timely did have costumed villains, but other
        than those who appeared in Marvel continuity, I defy the casual
        comics fan to even name one.

        For what it is worth,
        Jon