[The All Winners Squad] Re: Round Robin Trivia

  • jfglade
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1 1:04 AM
      You are indeed correct, Rich, and you even named the writer/artist.
      Your turn.

      Don't make it too tough,
      Jon

      --- In theallwinnerssquad@y..., Richard Porter <porterr@b...> wrote:
      > Right, I'm going to say American Ace by Paul Lauretta - his origin
      story in
      > Motion Picture Funnies Weekly was cut in two with each half
      reproduced in
      > Marvel Mystery Comics #2 and #3 - he was never heard of again.
      >
      > Am I correct?
      >
      > Rich
      > (AKA CommercialInn)
      >

      > Disclaimer
      >
      > This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
      individual
      > to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are those
      of the
      > author and do not necessarily represent those of Bridgwater
      College. If you
      > are not the intended recipient, be advised that any use,
      dissemination,
      > forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly
      prohibited. If
      > you have received this email in error please contact the sender.

    • Richard Porter
      Message 2 of 13 , May 1 8:26 AM
        Would I do that?

        Right then, my question...

        What was the original colour of Thin Man's costume?

        Message 3 of 13 , May 1 10:46 PM
          Rich,

          I remember from Roy Thomas' introductory text that was published
          along with the first 'Liberty Legion' story that Bruce's costume had
          been red and blue, but Thomas had changed that to green and yellow
          because so many of the other characters had so much red and blue in
          their costumes. I don't know if Thin Man's costume was predominantly
          red with blue counter-points (i.e. briefs, gloves, boots,
          helmet/hood), or the other way around, but at least I know the color
          combination.

          That was obscure but not impossible.

          Thanks,

          Message 4 of 13 , May 2 3:03 AM
            Jon

            You're correct - like you I haven't got a clue which parts were blue and
            which were red.

            Anyway, your question.

            Message 5 of 13 , May 9 8:27 AM
              I've been trying to think of a new trivia question, and I'm coming up
              blank. Everything I consider asking seems either too easy or so
              obscure I couldn't expect someone else to know about it. I think I'll
              pass on this round and let someone else as a question.

              Sorry,