Let me introduce myself ~

  • longfist2003 <tangjie3@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2003
      Greetings to all - I recently discovered Adam's work in the X-men/
      Wildcats crossover and as an aspiring comic book illustrator I
      have been hunting down anything I can find on Hughes. There is
      a huge article and pics on Hughes in ( I believe) this months
      issue of Comic Book Artist. Your comic shop should carry it in
      the magazines section.
      I am working on an upcoming online comics/fiction website
      called New Nocturne Fiction ( newnocturnefiction.com ) which
      has a preview site coming out towards the end of this month.
      The site is under construction now but you can have a peek. My
      online portfolio is www.donaldjackson.com if you'd like to see
      my work- it really needs to be updated though.
      All the best- Donald
    • roydster
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 25, 2003
        Hi Donald,

        Just thought I'd mention that there is a sister Yahoo group to this
        one which is also dedicated to Adam's work called Hughes-Fans (1622
        members and growing!). Adam drops in from time to time at the group
        and also forwards new images (eg. WW covers) for our viewing
        pleasure. We have a large store of images by Adam including many
        unpublished/unseen works on display at the Hughes-Fans group as well
        as the AH! Image Archive which is associated with the group.

        If interested, you can join up at -
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hughes-fans

        By the way, the CBA article on Adam is indeed a well researched
        article (I made a small contribution :) and the editor, Jon Cooke,
        kindly plugged the Hughes-Fans group with a full-page ad! In
        addition, the checklist was created by Larry Dempsey, the founder of
        our group.

        Regards,

        Royd
        Moderator, Hughes-Fans Yahoo Group