AH question...any input would be greatly appreciated

  • statmark101
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2002
      Hey everyone. I have a rather long winded question that if anyone
      could help me out with, it would be greatly appreciated.
      I have a friend that is female professional wrestler. Being a
      comic art fan herself, she would be interested in Adam Hughes doing a
      sketch of her for her own personal collection. Adam is actually going
      to be in our area for Heroes Convention in Charlotte in June. Does
      anyone know how I can go about making this happen? I would be under
      the impression that the easiest way to handle this is to contact Adam
      via email but I have no idea if he even has a public email address. I
      could send photos via email (or by regular mail if need be) since I
      would think trying to explain the sketch she's looking to have done
      may be more a bit too much trouble once we're actually at the Con.
      So basically if anyone has Adam's contact info or maybe even some
      stories about having him doing a sketch from real photos before,
      please feel free to reply. Thanks everyone!
      Take care and have a great day!
      Grant
    • tombo821
      Message 2 of 2 , May 29, 2002
        My suggestion is if he's going to be at the con,have her bring some
        photos of herself and explain what she wants to Adam.That is, if you
        get to speak to him.If he agrees to do it,I'd talk about the price
        and if it's reasonable for her,give him some money up front and tell
        him that he can do the drawing later when he's back in his studio and
        when he's done,you could send him the rest of the money for the
        drawing.This way,he's not bogged down with trying to do it at the con
        and he can relax and do it in his studio,without the pressure that
        normally comes with trying to do sketches,sign autographs,etc. at the
        con.With any luck,he'll agree to do it and she'll get a great drawing
        from Adam.Hope this helps.Later.Tom.:)