Splash music?

  • agnes
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2007
      Hi, I'm looking for the music that plays when you load the game, I know
      it's inside the splash.package, but when I extract them, it's not an
      mp3 file, but in XA format I believe. Then I tried to decode them using
      xantippe, but the result is far from good... the songs ringing and
      sound distorted.....

      so anyone can send me or upload the splash music from the base game and
      all EP/SP's? or maybe just send me a decent XA decoder.....

      thanks in advance
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30 9:24 AM
        --- In the_sims_music@yahoogroups.com, "agnes" <agnes_keren@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I'm looking for the music that plays when you load the game, I
        know it's inside the splash.package, but when I extract them, it's not
        an mp3 file, but in XA format I believe. Then I tried to decode them
        using xantippe, but the result is far from good... the songs ringing
        and sound distorted.....

        > so anyone can send me or upload the splash music from the base game
        and all EP/SP's? or maybe just send me a decent XA decoder.....
        thanks in advance<<

        The only way I could record the splash music was to use a "record what
        you hear" or similiar setting. I would start the game and start
        recording about 3-4 minutes of it. Then I would use a free program
        like Audacity to add a fade towards the end.