An act of kindness

  • Sally G.
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 16, 2009
      I wanted to share this with you all. I have two great friends in Brownwood and they are friends of our family as well. Clay Riley and James Furry are two gentlemen from Brownwood that have ties to our Anderson ancestors. Clay Riley has been there for us with so much information that I don't know where I'd be if I had not stumbled across his web site about Uncle Bill Anderson. James Furry is a distant relative of mine through my great aunt's marriage into the Bryd family of Brownwood, but more importantly, he is a very wonderful man who is my friend. Clay and James took it upon themselves to go out to Windham Cemetery and pain the fence around my great uncle's grave. William Riley Anderson was my grandfather's older brother. He was known as Uncle Buck. He was shot in Carlsbad, died in Mineral Wells and was brought home to Brownwood to be buried next to his father, David Q. Anderson. He was buried in 1899. He has a lovely stone and a formidable fence around it. I am very fortunate to have such too generous friends.

      I posted photographs of the endeavor in the Brown County folder ( I hope).

      Sally
    • Fran Bolton
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 16, 2009
        This is the kind of people I am proud to be associated with, even in a small way. An example of true kindness from the heart, because that is the kind of persons these two gentlemen are.
        I want to add that one of the gentlemen has a disability, but his pleasure to do this overcame any hesitation of his ability.
        I give them a standing ovation! Fran
        Fran--- In the_noble_anderson_tree@yahoogroups.com, "Sally G." <sallyfromhouston@...> wrote:

        > I wanted to share this with you all. I have two great friends in Brownwood and they are friends of our family as well. Clay Riley and James Furry are two gentlemen from Brownwood that have ties to our Anderson ancestors. Clay Riley has been there for us with so much information that I don't know where I'd be if I had not stumbled across his web site about Uncle Bill Anderson. James Furry is a distant relative of mine through my great aunt's marriage into the Bryd family of Brownwood, but more importantly, he is a very wonderful man who is my friend. Clay and James took it upon themselves to go out to Windham Cemetery and pain the fence around my great uncle's grave. William Riley Anderson was my grandfather's older brother. He was known as Uncle Buck. He was shot in Carlsbad, died in Mineral Wells and was brought home to Brownwood to be buried next to his father, David Q. Anderson. He was buried in 1899. He has a lovely stone and a formidable fence around it. I am very fortunate to have such too generous friends.
        >
        > I posted photographs of the endeavor in the Brown County folder ( I hope).
        >
        > Sally

      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 17, 2009
          I miss you all so much. Will be back as soon as I am hooked up at home. xo

          Elizabeth

          This is the kind of people I am proud to be associated with, even in a small way. An example of true kindness from the heart, because that is the kind of persons these two gentlemen are.
          I want to add that one of the gentlemen has a disability, but his pleasure to do this overcame any hesitation of his ability.
          I give them a standing ovation! Fran
          Fran--- In the_noble_anderson_ tree@yahoogroups .com, "Sally G." <sallyfromhouston@ ...> wrote:

          > I wanted to share this with you all. I have two great friends in Brownwood and they are friends of our family as well. Clay Riley and James Furry are two gentlemen from Brownwood that have ties to our Anderson ancestors. Clay Riley has been there for us with so much information that I don't know where I'd be if I had not stumbled across his web site about Uncle Bill Anderson. James Furry is a distant relative of mine through my great aunt's marriage into the Bryd family of Brownwood, but more importantly, he is a very wonderful man who is my friend. Clay and James took it upon themselves to go out to Windham Cemetery and pain the fence around my great uncle's grave. William Riley Anderson was my grandfather' s older brother. He was known as Uncle Buck. He was shot in Carlsbad, died in Mineral Wells and was brought home to Brownwood to be buried next to his father, David Q. Anderson. He was buried in 1899. He has a lovely stone and a formidable fence around it. I am very fortunate to have such too generous friends.
          >
          > I posted photographs of the endeavor in the Brown County folder ( I hope).
          >
          > Sally

        • Sally Goodson
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 17, 2009
            Likewise, kiddo.