Re: [the_noble_anderson_tree] New file uploaded to the_noble_anderson_tree

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 255 , Nov 1, 2008
      I know that. I was just responding to the message Clay. I keep thinking about what my father used to say too. That you could steal a horse and change the way you spelled your name and no one knew if it was you. I wonder what he meant by that........... Just thinking out loud.

      Elizabeth

      From: Elizabeth <esandpiper@yahoo. com>
      To: the_noble_anderson_ tree@yahoogroups .com
      Date: Friday, October 31, 2008, 9:25 PM

      Okay I got it. Now I know he was not born in 1838, too early. I do know that he was named after someone the family knew. My father told me that. I thought the person was an attorney. The name here is the same but not the age. He did not die of senility according to my father who died in the 1990's. He died being shot on some courthouse steps.

      Elizabeth

      Message 255 of 255 , Jul 26, 2010
        Yes, exactly.

        The Staley papers were given over to the Brownwood Genealogy library annex a couple of months ago. The family who has been so dedicated in keeping Staley Cemetery in such good shape donated the pages. It was a real exciting gift! I keep a copy up on my bulletin board by my desk.